sharetrader
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Share Collector

I am guessing PIE Funds. Excellent choice, Ob1kinobi!

Great guess Liz, I thought Mike.T would have a higher profile on ST but not at the mo at least.

Share Collector

Quote Originally Posted by ob1kinobi View Post
    Great guess Liz, I thought Mike.T would have a higher profile on ST but not at the mo at least.
    Yes, he certainly deserves it. I've been tempted to start a thread on the progress of the fund, but not sure it would help his investing style to have too many traders watching his picks!

Nice analysis mamos. I managed to pick a few up at $10.31 this morning, not as many as I would have liked though
    Last edited by mark100; 30-03-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark100 View Post
    Nice analysis mamos. I managed to pick a few up at $10.31 this morning, not as many as I would have liked though
    You have a habit of picking up the intraday lows Mark. Well done.

This is one of my favourites along with Zicom, however ZGL is a lot closer to fair value now than it was a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mamos View Post
    You have a habit of picking up the intraday lows Mark. Well done.

This is one of my favourites along with Zicom, however ZGL is a lot closer to fair value now than it was a month ago.
    When the buy depth is thin I pick a spot where there is a few buy orders of a size that may be supportive. I then put buy order just ahead of them. If there is a dump, I find my order (or part of it anyway) sometimes gets hit and then sometimes you get a nice bounce. SIV was similar earlier this week. I also do a similar thing when looking to sell as well.

But I like MAQ longer term as well, not just for a trade.

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by mark100 View Post
    When the buy depth is thin I pick a spot where there is a few buy orders of a size that may be supportive. I then put buy order just ahead of them. If there is a dump, I find my order (or part of it anyway) sometimes gets hit and then sometimes you get a nice bounce. SIV was similar earlier this week. I also do a similar thing when looking to sell as well.

But I like MAQ longer term as well, not just for a trade.
    That's interesting mark100. Looking at the depth now, where would you place a buy or sell order.?
    h2

I wouldn't now. But this morning it opened at $10.80 and there were virtually no buyers above $10.30. So my order went in at $10.31.

Super Investor

And if you were selling how does that work?
    h2

No different. Illiquid stocks often spike high or low and I like to take advantage of such movements on both sides.