sharetrader
Page 43 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    percy

Sideshow Bob and Iceman.
    Stop it please guys, you are getting me over excited.........................lol.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Sideshow Bob and Iceman.
    Stop it please guys, you are getting me over excited.........................lol.
    Sorry about that. I'm just dreaming that we will get no less than 7c fully imputed as it would mean I've got 1/3 of my money back in dividends (& imputation credits) in just over 2 years, in addition to the 50% capital gain.
    Nothing like a boring old meat company eh !

percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Sorry about that. I'm just dreaming that we will get no less than 7c fully imputed as it would mean I've got 1/3 of my money back in dividends (& imputation credits) in just over 2 years, in addition to the 50% capital gain.
    Nothing like a boring old meat company eh !
    An incredible "boring old meat company".
    Been very kind to us so far. and looking sound for the future.

percy

The good news continues.
    New Zealand red meat exports soar by 28 per cent for third quarter
    Beef exports top 100,000 tonnes in third quarter for first time
    New Zealand’s red meat exports rose 28 per cent to $2.2 billion for the third quarter
    compared to the previous year, according to an analysis by the Meat Industry Association
    (MIA) .
    Th e increase continued the trend of strong growth for the red meat sector in recent months
    with September exports alone reaching $64 2 million.
    The major markets for the third quarter of the calendar year were China, with exports up 57
    per cent to $830m, the United States, up 3 5 per cent to $542m, and Japan, increasing 61 per
    cent to $109 m.
    Last edited by percy; 05-11-2021 at 08:02 AM.

Guru

Guru

Have heard of a few issues with China importation. Chinese govt still pursuing Covid elimination, and still on that frozen food is a risk. Dalian is apparently stopping imports of frozen or something similar. Much of NZ's lamb exports to China go through Dalian. Looks like different provinces have applied Govt mandates differently and Liaoning have been the toughest.

Could be a bit of a circuit breaker for a reset of market levels, which have been pretty lofty.

Hugh risk for plants/companies with their Chinese listing is they have a case of Covid at plant. Will then get delisted for China, and especially for lamb would be wholly uncompetitive without this. Might as well shut up shop. Seems like MPI are not really proactive in the situation either.

Still not really into the main season yet, but would be a concern if continues or escalates.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Have heard of a few issues with China importation. Chinese govt still pursuing Covid elimination, and still on that frozen food is a risk. Dalian is apparently stopping imports of frozen or something similar. Much of NZ's lamb exports to China go through Dalian. Looks like different provinces have applied Govt mandates differently and Liaoning have been the toughest.

Could be a bit of a circuit breaker for a reset of market levels, which have been pretty lofty.

Hugh risk for plants/companies with their Chinese listing is they have a case of Covid at plant. Will then get delisted for China, and especially for lamb would be wholly uncompetitive without this. Might as well shut up shop. Seems like MPI are not really proactive in the situation either.

Still not really into the main season yet, but would be a concern if continues or escalates.
    Thanks SB. Interesting. China is indeed very strict. I know with fish, every crew member needs to have a negative test at arrival in port before product destined for China can be loaded into containers. Even after 40-60 days at sea. 1 positive case and China accepts no product from that ship.

Guru

Plenty of trades the last week or so at $1.10, but (a relatively) good number through today and looks like sellers have been cleaned out. Only 56 on offer at $1.10.....

Will we see it finally push through $1.10 soon, and an ATH????

Guru

Now 51,000 on offer at $1.10.

Guru

https://farmersweekly.co.nz/s/fw-art...TGGZ2COEKF5FSE

Bodes well for SFF, especially given relative performance over recent years.