sharetrader
Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I know this one is exciting and very rewarding to hold, just make sure you don't get too excited about the upcoming huge dividend and the potential rerating upwards in SP
    I suggest a daily dose of Aiora Vascular & Vision to keep the bloodflow going strong
    I may need to double the dose of my blood pressure pills,as my bloodflow is in overdrive,??...lol

Dilettante

From Simon Limmer's newsletter today, full of good news, including this little gem :-)

From China:
    The Best Restaurant Awards was held in Shanghai lastweek.The Best Restaurant Awards Ceremony brings together a group of discerning Chinese gourmet consumers and judges.There were over 15 restaurant
    and special awards presented for ingredients,brands and chefs with Silver Fern Farms Reserve Beef presented with the“Ingredient of the Year”award,in recognition of its premium quality.
    We are honoured that our Reserve Beef has been recognised as the ingredient of the year.This affirms the quality of our products and indicates their growth potential in the Chinese high-end food service industry.Our Reserve Beef has been in the Chinese market since 2014 through high-end food service channels and we are building a strong reputation with discerning Chinese customers.

Guru

Down to only 144 available at $1.18

Quite a large volume at $1.20 offer. About 170k.

If a supplier, then buying now for a likely 10% cash back in April....

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Down to only 144 available at $1.18

Quite a large volume at $1.20 offer. About 170k.

If a supplier, then buying now for a likely 10% cash back in April....
    But wait .......there's more......lol.
    50,056 traded at $1.20....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    But wait .......there's more......lol.
    50,056 traded at $1.20....
    Another ATH!

I was wonder if that was you Percy getting even more "well positioned" (just joking)

Iceman will be happy when he gets back on line sometime.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Another ATH!

I was wonder if that was you Percy getting even more "well positioned" (just joking)

Iceman will be happy when he gets back on line sometime.
    No not me.
    Last purchase was at $1.06 on 23rd November getting the wife "better positioned."
    I off course remain "well positioned".
    Looking forward to Iceman's comments.

Guru

Labour shortage; challenging processing season ahead | Otago Daily Times Online News (odt.co.nz)

Silver Fern Farms — which is about 550 workers short across its network — says this peak season will be one of its most challenging to date.
    While strong demand was generating healthy farm gate pricing, risks included logistics challenges, Covid-19 and labour shortages which threatened to unsettle that, general manager supply chain Dan Boulton said.
    Some farmers have raised concerns about difficulties getting enough space for lamb weaning drafts and citing the potential flow-on effects from that.
    Mr Boulton said processors and industry bodies have been signalling sector labour shortages in advance to suppliers to help avoid disappointment.
    "Labour shortages are impacting right now and South Island lamb suppliers in particular will need to plan for this. Wait times for South Island lamb processing will likely to be 10-15% worse than last season and we expect these will continue through until March 2022.
    "We strongly recommend suppliers get in touch with their livestock rep early to plan their bookings in advance," he said.
    Accessing skills labour in the processing sector was becoming more difficult each year and this season had not been helped by low unemployment levels and stringent immigration rules, Mr Boulton said.
    The company had various initiatives under way to help address the labour shortages, including raising its minimum productive rate by 10%.
    Alliance Group general manager livestock and shareholder services Danny Hailes said livestock flow and processing volumes needed to be carefully balanced with the ability to ship products to global markets and Alliance was working hard to minimise the impact on farmers.
    It would bring on additional processing capacity across its plant network over the coming weeks, however, like all companies in the sector, it was constrained by labour shortages and the global supply chain issues, Mr Hailes said.
    The fifth chain was coming on at its Lorneville plant in Southland and the company was recruiting for the sixth chain, but that was subject to labour availability.
    To avoid putting undue pressure on cool stores and shipping, Alliance was only taking livestock from shareholders. It was also asking farmers to keep in touch with their livestock representative and encouraging suppliers who were not shareholders to become shareholders, he said.
    ANZ’s latest Agri-Focus report said processing new-season lambs was getting under way but it had been a slow start to the season. Poor growing conditions and low pasture covers going into winter resulted in a challenging spring in many regions. The surplus of pasture arrived a little later than normal and that had kept lamb growth rates in check.

percy

New Zealand red meat exports increase by 27 per cent

The value of New Zealand’s red meat sector exports reached $693 million during October, a 27 per cent increase year-on-year, according to an analysis by the Meat Industry Association (MIA).

Sheepmeat was a standout performer with the value increasing by 25 per cent to $309m. The major sheepmeat markets by value were China, up 25 per cent to $131m, the United States, up 54 per cent to $46m, and the Netherlands, up 94 per cent to $29m.

Sirma Karapeeva, chief executive of MIA, said a mixture of supply constraints and good demand in key markets had contributed to the high sheepmeat prices. These factors included Brexit-related issues and Australia rebuilding its sheep flock.

“The average Free on Board* (FOB) value for sheepmeat exports for the quarter was $12.52/kg,” said Ms Karapeeva.

“This was a record level and the first time that the average monthly FOB value has been above $12/kg.

“Value growth in our key global markets was across the board, with beef up 28 per cent to $231m and co-products increasing by 30 per cent to $153m.”

Overall, the value of China’s imports of New Zealand red meat was up 34 per cent to $262m, the United States by 47 per cent to $138m, Japan by 29 per cent to $31m and the Netherlands by 76 per cent to $30m.

UK sheepmeat exports to the EU have been affected by Brexit, said Ms Karapeeva.

“Most of the United Kingdom’s sheepmeat exports - around 90 per cent - normally go to the 27 European Union countries but its exports to that market are down 24 per cent so far this year.”

*Free on board – the quoted price for the goods delivered to the ship for shipment

ENDS

Dilettante

Thanks SB & percy. Have been catching up and very pleasing to see a continued steady upwards push on SP as expected by year end with suppliers topping up their holdings. Sharesight telling me total return in this financial year is 43% so far, following on from similar growth in the previous one.
    The demand and prices have been great and continue to be so but serious issues with freighting & staffing affecting the industry. SFF well placed with the Kotahi shipping partnership which should see decent reliability of shipping & container availability but prices seriously inflated.

In the long term, hopefully the result in this industry from these serious labour shortages (as well as other primary industries such as fishing and horticulture), will be much more automation.
    Meanwhile, we just have to enjoy the ride and the huge dividends in this still seriously undervalued stock. It beggars belief the SP does not start with a 2.

My biggest concern is that if the SP continues on a bit further, this holding will reach 30% of mine & wife's combined portfolios. But on second thought, that doesn't worry me at all :-)
    Last edited by iceman; 10-12-2021 at 10:38 PM.

Guru

Farmers Weekly NZ December 13 2021 by Farmers Weekly NZ - Issuu

Page 27.

Opinion piece looking at Alliance's result, and prospects for the wider industry profitability. Saying good returns from Lamb Co USA, in which Alliance own just over 50% , with Anzco and SFF the balance. The US operation has had an outstanding year from what I understand - but like alot of markets starting to come under price pressure going into 2022. So any divvy will show up in SFF's result, just not as meaningful as to Alliance, as SFF have about half the shareholding and SFF circa 50% bigger turnover than Alliance.

But this is the bit I like:

Capture1.JPG
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 13-12-2021 at 09:05 AM.