sharetrader

Threaded View

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    At current prices if I did not own so many I would be a buyer.
    USX,, SFF issuer profile shows a PE of 5.038.....Rather modest considering eps has increased over 60% in the past year.
    Every season is different and brings different challenges, and this year they are battling Omicron in plants. While the animals are still there, it will be a longer season and some plants may not have had the efficiencies of the "peak" processing through late summer/autumn, with the higher costs of staffing and Covid.

However, it is another year just gone of very good profits, and once again only a portion of that profit paid out. Another year of "runs on the board" that helps underpin its investment credentials, and can make profits in different circumstances - albeit with record high prices for many products, it does give a signifcant tail wind. This can change in an instance, especially with China, but the world seems to be a different place these days. Much better performance than Alliance (100% Coop) and also Anzco (Private), albeit with different FY timings.

Great also for supplier shareholders, which just helps cement that supply a little more, and makes it more attractive for new suppliers. But those shareholders, getting 12.9+12.1 cps = 25 cps, then the share price almost doubling in the last 12 months (84c to $1.60). That is over $1 per share in the last 12 months!

Much of the profit has been retained in the business (and Coop) which will see it well placed for the further. Another $60m in capital expendiure - and I am always interested in how much is for BAU or compliance, and how much is for further profits and returns. But in the meantime, just looking forward to the divvy.....
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 01-04-2022 at 01:41 PM.