sharetrader
Page 24 of 88 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Dilettante

Well done Percy. That should inject you firmly into the top 10 holders

percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well done Percy. That should inject you firmly into the top 10 holders
    Well with our SFF,together with our PAZ holdings, wife and I are firmly committed to Unlisted.
    SFF was brought for outstanding value,ie share price and dividend growth, on an extremely low PE ratio.
    PAZ was brought for outstanding growth potential.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well with our SFF,together with our PAZ holdings, wife and I are firmly committed to Unlisted.
    SFF was brought for outstanding value,ie share price and dividend growth, on an extremely low PE ratio.
    PAZ was brought for outstanding growth potential.
    Well done Percy! To use your word.....OUTSTANDING!!

On a serious note, in this environment, you can't let something with a dividend yield of 6.9% and PE of 2.2 go unnoticed. While last year was a record, and possibly a slight outlier, I think further market attention and share price increase will come if they are consistent in their profitability, and make money through all conditions. Traditionally one good year has just been to offset the previous bad one.

1 month to go in their financial year - on budget as of a month ago - and while expect it is not as high as last year, I'm sure it will be a "meaty" number.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    And they've now been cleaned out and next offer at 91c. Are we finally starting to see some recognition that this is a company that paid out a 6.9% fully imputed divie this year and currently trades on a P/E of only 2.2 based on this year's earnings ?
    Offer now 80c.

Slowly grinding higher.....

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Well done Percy! To use your word.....OUTSTANDING!!

On a serious note, in this environment, you can't let something with a dividend yield of 6.9% and PE of 2.2 go unnoticed. While last year was a record, and possibly a slight outlier, I think further market attention and share price increase will come if they are consistent in their profitability, and make money through all conditions. Traditionally one good year has just been to offset the previous bad one.

1 month to go in their financial year - on budget as of a month ago - and while expect it is not as high as last year, I'm sure it will be a "meaty" number.
    Last year was a record year.SFF Ltd NPAT was $70mil.I do not expect this year's to match.I have done some figures on it being down 20% to $56.56 mil,as I have no idea what their budget is..
    SFF Ltd's distribution policy is to pay out between 30% and 50%of its NPAT to its two shareholders,SFF CoCp and Shanghi Maling.
    So 30% is $16,968mil and 50% is $28.28 mil.
    SFF CoCp will receive either, $8.484mil or $14.14 mil.
    This year SFF CoOp held back some rainy day funds,[no need to this year] yet paid out $7.9mil to shareholders of which ordinary shareholders received 5.4 cps fully imputed divie.
    So I am expecting SFF CoOp will be in a position to pay the existing divie or increase it.
    The big upside will off course be if their result is better than being down the 20%. Being down 5% to 10% I would expect a huge increase in The CoOp's divie to perhaps 8 cps for a yield of 10.25% at share price of 78 cents.
    My average cost price per share is 60.6 cents.At 78 cps I am up 28.7%.I also received 5.4cps divie.
    I expect a good result will see the share price above $1.
    Last edited by percy; 01-12-2020 at 09:28 AM.

percy
    Last edited by percy; 02-12-2020 at 07:55 AM.

Dilettante

I've been reading a bit about this in the last few weeks and have to say I am flabbergasted with this and workers being able to get back pay for 6 years. This has been the norm in all processing industries since day one and nobody has complained. Fair enough if they agree to change it going forward but this risks opening up and pandora's box of similar issues in many industries.
    I hope my crew don't hear about this madness.

percy

I would have thought meat workers' collective agreements would have covered this by paying a higher hourly rate,in which case it is double dipping.
    Smiths City used to have quarter hour pep talks before they opened at 9am.Cost Smiths approx $5mil which went a long way to stuffing them.
    For us SFF Ltd have a very strong balance sheet, with at last balance date $571mil of equity, giving them an equity ratio of 64.5%.
    Most probably a big hit,but a once only.
    Be fun over hearing wage negotiations going forward.
    Management :We will have to reduce your hourly rate as we have to pay you for longer hours without any increase in productivity.
    Unions: We will tell Jacinda on you.
    Last edited by percy; 02-12-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Dilettante

A terrible tragedy. My condolences to their families and friends https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/123...ir-way-to-work

Guru

SFF was settled last year for this

Meat exports are down 30 % in Oct this year cf 2019