Page 19 of 89 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    HDD! (Happy Dividend Day)

Cash in the bank.
    Mine too,late this afternoon.

percy

Thanks for the link.
    Appears we are very reliant on the Chinese.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Thanks for the link.
    Appears we are very reliant on the Chinese.
    In short, yes - when you see the volume/proportion of NZ's red meat heading to China. Chinese market not so strong for the higher-end cuts - ie lamb French racks, beef steaking cuts - but the lower-end, offals etc is where it is at.

Money has been substantially better in China than other markets for many of these products - especially the likes of lamb flaps & forequarters. If they have to head back into the Middle East in a major way, or the like, then prices will be substantially lower.

We don't need a market access issue into China (Winston).

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    In short, yes - when you see the volume/proportion of NZ's red meat heading to China. Chinese market not so strong for the higher-end cuts - ie lamb French racks, beef steaking cuts - but the lower-end, offals etc is where it is at.

Money has been substantially better in China than other markets for many of these products - especially the likes of lamb flaps & forequarters. If they have to head back into the Middle East in a major way, or the like, then prices will be substantially lower.

We don't need a market access issue into China (Winston).

i’m appreciating your posts here sideshow bob. Do you think if they did have to send product back to the middle east they can change it to be halal without much increase in cost or is it a non issue?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Slothbear View Post
    i’m appreciating your posts here sideshow bob. Do you think if they did have to send product back to the middle east they can change it to be halal without much increase in cost or is it a non issue?
    Non-issue. Almost all of the lamb plants in NZ are halal these days, and produce halal as standard. Not really any real cost to do so, and will then certify as halal as/when they need to.

Many customers/markets outside of the Middle East require halal, in the likes of Germany, UK, US etc to service sectors of their market that may require it.

Beef not quite so many plants are halal, but ME isn't such a big beef market.

percy
    Last edited by percy; 27-08-2020 at 05:17 PM.

Dilettante

Good to see. I particularly like the below para from the announcement and think this will/is increasingly the case right around the World with COVID-19 having pushed this to the forefront of many people's minds when selecting their food:
    “Our US target consumer, the ‘Conscious Foodie’, values the grass-fed and pasture-raised
    attributes of New Zealand animals, as well as our sustainable production methods, safe and
    thoughtful packaging, and the bold full-bodied flavour of Angus Beef,”

Veteran novice

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Great read. Thanks for sharing. A lot of historical knowledge and experience of the industry there. I'm surprised the article does not state who his replacement is. He or she will have big boots to fill.