sharetrader
Page 50 of 89 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Just traded at $1.25.

PE now up to a whopping 3.85.
    OMG. Time to sell with the P/E at this elevated level and gross yield on my expected divie crashing below 10% ??? Yeah, Nah.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    OMG. Time to sell with the P/E at this elevated level and gross yield on my expected divie crashing below 10% ??? Yeah, Nah.
    Yes well, maybe not.???
    Here's is a comparison with another meat company listed on USX,using both company's Issuer profile
    ....................................eps........... .PE.........Yield..............share price.
    Blue Sky Meats................05............26..........3.8 46%...........$1.30
    Silver Fern Farms............3176.......3.936.......6.08%..... ........$1.25
    Should SFF trade on the same PE as BLU its share price would be ...wait for it.......................$8.25..
    Even on a modest PE of 8 SFF share price would be $2.54..
    Not a lot of people know that.........lol.
    Last edited by percy; 26-01-2022 at 08:18 AM.

percy

Just as my excitement was building as SFF reached and was trading at $1.25,

So far today 81,653 traded at $1.16 and there are still 13,449 for sale at $1.16.
    Last edited by percy; 28-01-2022 at 12:27 PM.

percy

Would appreciate you telling us what the article had to say, as I do not subscribe to the FT.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Would appreciate you telling us what the article had to say, as I do not subscribe to the FT.
    Essentially that plant-meat has been struggling of late, and companies like Beyond Meat and Impossible Burger have underperformed and seen their share price hammered.

After the initial hype and trial, sales have been disappointing, but some experts think it is in the "trough of disillusionment" as part of the "Gartner Hype Cycle" when the initial fizz and hype has gone out, and people have trialled with expectation, but largely disappointed. Electric cars, mobile phones etc all gone through the same cycle, and current stage usually means company failures, industry consolidation and product improvement before mainstream adoption.
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 30-01-2022 at 07:57 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Essentially that plant-meat has been struggling of late, and companies like Beyond Meat and Impossible Burger have underperformed and seen their share price hammered.

After the initial hype and trial, sales have been disappointing, but some experts think it is in the "trough of disillusionment" as part of the "Gartner Hype Cycle" when the initial fizz and hype has gone out, and people have trialled with expectation, but largely disappointed. Electric cars, mobile phones etc all gone through the same cycle, and current stage usually means company failures, industry consolidation and product improvement before mainstream adoption.
    What a bugger they are struggling....lol

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    What a bugger they are struggling....lol
    I think that they will come again - there is probably a place, as population increases and growing wealth in developing countries - which historically means more protein consumption. Western consumers haven't taken to it like they have to plant based milk alternatives yet. Consumers definitely not liking the long list of ingredients, being heavily processed, and in some cases including GM ingredients. Even in NZ meat consumption per capita is declining - although we are above average in world terms.

I'm so not convinced not eating meat will solve the climate "crisis". Undoubtedly there will be developments in breeding, feeding etc to reduce particularly methane output. These fake milks/meats often aren't as green as many think. The ingredients still have to come from somewhere.....

The other important aspect is that typcially they don't have the same nutritional profile as the real thing, and then compare the nutrition vs carbon emmissions.....
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 30-01-2022 at 10:31 AM.

Guru

Page 23 - "Planning for Omicron".

Again demostrates how many companies have been let down on RAT's, MIQ and seasonal workers.

Farmers Weekly NZ January 31 2022 by Farmers Weekly NZ - Issuu