sharetrader
Page 67 of 90 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Possible that the fart tax announcement has scared some people ?
    PE ratio is back under 3... Now 2.886

Guru

Possible that the fart tax announcement has scared some people ?
    Hopefully gets re-shaped and reformed at some stage in the near future with a change in gubbermint....

Completely ridiculous - and will have unintended consequence of less production in NZ, and replaced with less carbon efficient production elsewhere. But we'll all feel good, whilst looking at millions of acres of pine trees.

percy

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Percy & Mrs Percy will be on the lash tonight!!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Percy & Mrs Percy will be on the lash tonight!!

I reckon! Wow I got an email from Rob telling me the good news. And the size of the thing too!!

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I reckon! Wow I got an email from Rob telling me the good news. And the size of the thing too!!
    Just read the surprise email from Rob. Wow, just wow

Guru

Just read the surprise email from Rob. Wow, just wow
    Sorry I forgot to include Iceman and Mrs Iceman on the lash tonight too!! I might have a few hazy's......and Mrs SSB will probably have a wine.

Love me a good dividend!!

Decent volume gone through so far today (138k) but still a seller there at $1.60. Buyers are getting 10.1cps next week, and then likely at least the same again in 6 months.

Interim divvy cost them $22m ($11m to the Coop, and same to Shanghai Maling). With Alliance indicating record turnover/profit, then SFF should also be improved. Even at the same profitability as last year, with the interim divvy they've still retained about $28m in the business. But if Alliance are better, then I would expect so should SFF, who have a much bigger share of beef processing.

There are definitely choppier waters ahead. China is looking pretty sick on the lamb job, and the zero Covid policy will continue to make this difficult. Global economies are looking shaky, and reduced consumer spend with higher interest rates, inflation, fuel etc. Freight rates haven't come down out of NZ compared to what has happened on other shipping routes (still at extortionate levels).

However at the same time, alot of producers of other proteins such as pork and poultry are struggling with significantly higher inputs - fuel, feed, electricity. The dollar is also taking the edge off some of the market weakness.

Guru

SFF BBQ Challenge on Seven Sharp.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDvsALINkF0

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Sorry I forgot to include Iceman and Mrs Iceman on the lash tonight too!! I might have a few hazy's......and Mrs SSB will probably have a wine.

Love me a good dividend!!

Decent volume gone through so far today (138k) but still a seller there at $1.60. Buyers are getting 10.1cps next week, and then likely at least the same again in 6 months.

Interim divvy cost them $22m ($11m to the Coop, and same to Shanghai Maling). With Alliance indicating record turnover/profit, then SFF should also be improved. Even at the same profitability as last year, with the interim divvy they've still retained about $28m in the business. But if Alliance are better, then I would expect so should SFF, who have a much bigger share of beef processing.

There are definitely choppier waters ahead. China is looking pretty sick on the lamb job, and the zero Covid policy will continue to make this difficult. Global economies are looking shaky, and reduced consumer spend with higher interest rates, inflation, fuel etc. Freight rates haven't come down out of NZ compared to what has happened on other shipping routes (still at extortionate levels).

However at the same time, alot of producers of other proteins such as pork and poultry are struggling with significantly higher inputs - fuel, feed, electricity. The dollar is also taking the edge off some of the market weakness.
    Interesting points from the announcements:
    "the operating company's better than expected performance gives us the opportunity to speed up this investments" (Capital, markets, consumers)
    and
    "the amount for patronage rewards have been provisioned and retained by the Co-Op"

Indicates things are rosy and we'll get a very healthy final dividend as well.

I'm on target to get all my investment back in dividends in the first 4 years and the SP up around x 2.5 at the same time. Certainly my best performer by far in that time.

Guru

Over 5% of the annual volume traded today. Seller at $1.60 cleaned out (wondered if didn't read his emails this morning).

Big jump on the offer to $1.72.