sharetrader
Page 85 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889 ... LastLast

Has anyone had a stab at calculating earnings and/or cashflow for the coming year or two?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
    Has anyone had a stab at calculating earnings and/or cashflow for the coming year or two?
    I would like to think SFF Ltd will make a profit as the price of their major product Beef has not fallen as much as Lamb.
    This year their capex will have remained high,a lot of it spent on IT.
    A modest profit would be welcome.
    Dividend.The CoOp ,that we are shareholders, could decide to pay a divie using some of their rainy reserves.
    Note.It is raining heavily at present here in Christchurch..lol
    Pity we have to wait until the end of March or beginning of April for the result.
    Current share price indicates to me "the market" is expecting a poor result with no,or a very small divie.
    Last edited by percy; 12-12-2023 at 10:37 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
    I personally think too difficult to estimate.....with no guidance, no trading updates to the USX, no half year result, it makes any forecast reasonably meaningless. Could make some sort of judgement call given Alliance figures available, but don't think its worth it.

They are not at a stage where they are predictable, still the majority of revenue commodity driven and too much reliance on the macro environment/factors outside their control - ie weather, FX, other producing countries, alternate proteins, trade barriers etc.

There is also little publicly available profitability info from competitors - only Alliance and ANZCO, which have the same year end as SFF so comes out at a similar time. We've seen Alliance come out with a shocker, so sets the tone for the others.

Interesting the share price has slowly slid away - $1.15 essentially says the 'market' values the company at $230m, when it made $189.3m net last year.

Obviously not going to repeat this year, but the market holding low expectations....

If as Percy suggests they use a bit of their 'rainy day' funds as a dividend, just how much goes to 'shareholders' and how much to 'suppliers'.

Guru

SFF not my kind of investment BUT
    Lush green fattening feed throughout the NI at the moment.
    They may just have to bump the scheduals up if they want the stock

percy

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    SFF not my kind of investment BUT
    Lush green fattening feed throughout the NI at the moment.
    They may just have to bump the scheduals up if they want the stock
    Demand is driven by SFF's customers.
    At present that demand is being supplied by Australian and Brazilian suppliers flooding the markets with cheaper product.
    Please read my post #840.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Demand is driven by SFF's customers.
    At present that demand is being supplied by Australian and Brazilian suppliers flooding the markets with cheaper product.
    Please read my post #840.
    Hopefully matching capacity with supply.

Typically their main margin period is through summer when there is peak demand for processing, maximum efficiencies, lesser competition for stock and schedule prices can be paired back.

And the old thing.......you can only kill'em once!!
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 13-12-2023 at 10:43 AM.

Guru

Dan Boulton confirmed as the new CEO.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Dan Boulton confirmed as the new CEO.
    I am very pleased with Dan's appointment.

Silver Fern Farms has today announced that Dan Boulton has been appointed to be the new Chief Executive of Silver Fern Farms. The appointment will take effect from February 2024.

Boulton is currently Silver Fern Farms’ Chief Supply Chain Officer, having been with the company for over six and a half years. Prior to this, he held roles in the seafood, horticulture and forestry industries.

Silver Fern Farms Co-Chair Rob Hewett says that the recruitment process was extensive and attracted a range of candidates.

“We are fortunate to have been able to consider many high-calibre candidates for the role, including some from overseas,” says Hewett.

“However, the Board felt that not only does Dan already have a breadth of understanding of the business, he is also the right person to lead the company through the current challenges in market and continue the company’s momentum,” he says.

Incoming Chief Executive Dan Boulton says he is excited about taking on the challenge of leading such a great New Zealand company, and despite the current market conditions, is optimistic about the opportunities ahead for Silver Fern Farms and its farmer partners.

“I know from my current role that all our partners across our supply chain are hurting at present. However, this is a moment in time, and I’m confident Silver Fern Farms’ focus on executing its strategy and managing cost will see the company and our partners recover strongly,” he says.

Simon Limmer will stay as Chief Executive through to early February when Boulton’s appointment begins.
    Last edited by percy; 13-12-2023 at 11:04 AM.

Dilettante

Good to see a long serving internal appointment.

Post deleted.
    Last edited by DarkHorse; 22-12-2023 at 06:06 PM.