sharetrader
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Guru

Rocketman - can I ask what percentage of your portofolio will you be putting into it.

You are dong a very good salesmans job but are you just a white shoe wearer who doesn't put their money where their mouth is. Maybe instead of saying what type of people will be buying the jetpack, you should let us know what sort of people should be buying the shares. To me this is VC stuff.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Rocketman - can I ask what percentage of your portofolio will you be putting into it.
    I have attended a persentation by the company for their current pre-IPO investment round and have already invested in the company.

I guess that makes me both informed and biased
    Last edited by Rocketman; 02-02-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I have attended a persentation by the company for their current pre-IPO investment round and have already invested in the company.

That makes you informed - but not biased. You are simply backing your judgement based on rational thought.

Default The Snark

While we are looking at helicopters what about the Snark. NZ Designed it is said to be the "meanest" unmanned combat aerial vehicle. It is constructed of carbon fibre and kevlar, is light and fast with speed up to 280 km/h. It is also extremely quiet and virtually invisible to radar or infrared detetection as it recycles its exhaust gases.

The vehicle can also carry a payload of 680kg in firepower or in surveillance equipment.

Unfortunately TGR went bust and Trevor Rogers is now off to jail for contempt of court:
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...d-for-contempt.

I reckon an operator could have loads of fun with one of theses: http://www.gizmag.com/go/4785/

I am surprised Trevor Rogers got away so lightly - putting a company into receivership - and then stealing the assets to sell!

Looks from the pictures that the the Snark was a concept made from plywood in the pictures. I don't think it ever flew. Boeing reputedly spent $200m on its unmanned helicopter the Maverick (ironically noting prior conversations based on the Robinson R22). Their subsequent version the A160 sold for $15m - I can see why Trevor Rogers was interested.

But you can't make this work from a shed with no money.

Default Any details you can share??

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post

Have been looking to invest in this for a while.

How did you get the invite to the presentation and where?

How much are they generally looking from a potential investor (does not have to be exact, just ball-park number.)

Any insight most appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by iolair View Post
    Have been looking to invest in this for a while.

How did you get the invite to the presentation and where?

How much are they generally looking from a potential investor (does not have to be exact, just ball-park number.)

Any insight most appreciated.

The company is running a small pre-IPO investment round, only available for eligible investors as defined by the Securities Act. Northington Partners have been managing it - contact them if you want information. Use the Auckland number.
    Last edited by Rocketman; 01-03-2011 at 10:21 AM.