sharetrader
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    A Radio NZ story on the Martin Jetpack can be found here.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/pr...rchangingworld
    YOu never give up do you.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    YOu never give up do you.
    I thought the purpose of these forums was for information and discussion - but fair enough - I have established my own opinion on the company now as an investment of interest to me - and will move on.

Thank you to those of you, including Minimoke, who enabled me to work up a balanced view on potential risks and rewards of the investment opportunity

Signing out

Rocketman
    Last edited by Rocketman; 04-05-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Guru

I thought the purpose of these forums was for information and discussion - but fair enough - I have established my own opinion on the company now as an investment of interest to me - and will move on.
    That is correct. and it is good.

Which poster here supported Resturant Brands through all the bad news, against the opinion of everyone else here. But that has proved to be a good investment.

Since you seem to have insider knowledge, how is the IPO coming.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Signing out

Rocketman
    I'm not sure it necessarily follows that forming a view or making an investment decision prevents a person from continuing to making contributions. C'mon, we need a wide range of views other wise we'll all end up with a one sided story and wheres the fun in that!

I'd actually encourage your regular postings. We only need to look at the initial flurry of postings in the likes of Tasman Capital and Pulse threads to see a relationship between a lack of posting and a lack of liquidity in those companies and consequential drop in SP.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Which poster here supported Resturant Brands through all the bad news, against the opinion of everyone else here. But that has proved to be a good investment.
    And another investor here who supported another company through all the bad news, against the opinion of everyone else. And that proved to be a bad investment.

Everyones views and contributions should be welcome!

I have established my own opinion on the company now as an investment of interest to me - and will move on.
    Hey Rocketman, hope you haven't burnt all your cash on Martin as I've got a hot new tip for you.

Just come across another bloke who's about to start pottering in his back shed. He's not into jet packs but flying saucers and cars that levitiate. Verdun Burgess has a proven record of being an innovator and heres some of his new thoughts:

Anti-matter, gravity, propulsion and a power source are conundrums that Mr Burgess had already given a lot of thought to. "If I do manage to get something that does levitate and create its own energy or treble the energy input as to output, I've then got a problem because it's a different power source, isn't it?"
    That power source, he theorised, could allow them to hook up three wires to the house and cut the main lines to the power grid.

"The other side of it is that if you get something that levitates and needs batteries to chug it along, you've got a different problem because that in itself means you can build cars that can actually levitate."

For the car industry, that would be akin to changing water into petrol, he said.

The idea of flying across the night skies has captivated Mr Burgess from childhood. Aged six in Invercargill, he found discarded charts of the night sky while on his paper run and took them home. For years on clear nights, he would take them outside and try to figure out how they fit together above him.
    "I was fascinated by them. I've found out a little bit more since then in so far as the distances needed to travel."

He's already figured out a couple of models to try out his power generation theories and said the machine would need to travel at the speed of light. "Can it be done? Oh, yeah. According to theory, [we can] actually travel faster than the speed of light and I'm talking about four to six times the speed of light."

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Hey Rocketman, hope you haven't burnt all your cash on Martin as I've got a hot new tip for you.

Just come across another bloke who's about to start pottering in his back shed. He's not into jet packs but flying saucers and cars that levitiate. Verdun Burgess has a proven record of being an innovator and heres some of his new thoughts:

Anti-matter, gravity, propulsion and a power source are conundrums that Mr Burgess had already given a lot of thought to. "If I do manage to get something that does levitate and create its own energy or treble the energy input as to output, I've then got a problem because it's a different power source, isn't it?"
    That power source, he theorised, could allow them to hook up three wires to the house and cut the main lines to the power grid.

"The other side of it is that if you get something that levitates and needs batteries to chug it along, you've got a different problem because that in itself means you can build cars that can actually levitate."

For the car industry, that would be akin to changing water into petrol, he said.

The idea of flying across the night skies has captivated Mr Burgess from childhood. Aged six in Invercargill, he found discarded charts of the night sky while on his paper run and took them home. For years on clear nights, he would take them outside and try to figure out how they fit together above him.
    "I was fascinated by them. I've found out a little bit more since then in so far as the distances needed to travel."

He's already figured out a couple of models to try out his power generation theories and said the machine would need to travel at the speed of light. "Can it be done? Oh, yeah. According to theory, [we can] actually travel faster than the speed of light and I'm talking about four to six times the speed of light."
    MM is this a piss take ??

I suspect Rocketman is gone as he has said in his last post.

Sad but cant say I blame the guy. I hope his dream IPO does work for him.

Maybe the Navy Seals could have used the Jetpacks to get into Osamas compound

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    MM is this a piss take ??

I suspect Rocketman is gone as he has said in his last post.

Sad but cant say I blame the guy. I hope his dream IPO does work for him.

Maybe the Navy Seals could have used the Jetpacks to get into Osamas compound
    No piss take - though i suspect the well known Mt Burgess may have spent a little too much time in the barrel Room.

RM will be back - he'll miss our merry banter.

Despite my skepticism I hope the jet pack does take off. But these things are so fraught with difficulty - just look at WTL.

The Navy Seals is possibly a prime example of why the jet pack won't be a flyer. Osama was hidden in the jetpack accessible compound for three years - loads of time for Martin to fine tune the craft for anti-terrorism duties if there had been real military interst. Besides who has ever heard of a Seal needing a parachute

Rocketman - any relation to Jetman?

In todays news:
    "A Swiss daredevil planning to fly above the Grand Canyon in a jet-propelled wingsuit won't know if he's allowed to do so until the day of his scheduled flight.

The US Federal Aviation Administration says it's still reviewing adventurer Yves Rossy's proposal to ensure it meets safety standards.

FAA spokesman Ian Gregor says a decision won't be made until tomorrow (NZ time), the planned day of the flight.

The 51-year-old Rossy plans to jump from a helicopter on the Hualapai Reservation, soaring over the Grand Canyon in his first US flight in the custom-built suit.

The reservation lies west of Grand Canyon National Park.

Rossy, who calls himself the "JetMan," has flown over the Swiss Alps and across the English Channel in the suit."

Advanced Member

The Martin Jetpack was featured tonight on "Sunday", TV1. It looked good, climbing at 800 ft/min to 3500 ft, then deploying its rocket launched parachute to land safely. All done by radio control, with a fullsize, fullweight dummy on board. I want one.