sharetrader
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

I don't think so. Look at the interactive chart on NZX. Two yrs ago 68 rising to 78 Dec. 2014 and today 68. I'll be flabbergasted if not a big correction
    Last edited by kiwitrev; 09-10-2015 at 03:08 PM. Reason: pasting error

Found another chart ASB Sec. fixed interest. During period 2012 to 2013 1 yr swap around 2.45 to 2.5% and IFTHA trading at 52 would suggest to me my calcs approx. correct

Banned

Company bought some back

Perpetual Infratil Infrastructure Bonds Buyback

8:44am, 13 Oct 2015 | BUYBACK

Infratil Limited advises that it has acquired its own securities. The following information is provided in accordance with Listing Rule 7.12.1:
    Class of security: Perpetual Infratil Infrastructure Bonds
    ISIN: NZIFTD0020S9
    Number of Perpetual Bonds acquired: 1,451,600
    Acquisition Price (average): $0.69
    Payment: In cash
    Amount paid up: Perpetual Infratil Infrastructure Bonds
    Percentage of the total class of securities issued (after the acquisition): 0.62%
    Reason for the acquisition: Considered by the Directors to be in the best interests of the Company and shareholders.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCross View Post
    Company bought some back
    Sneaky - pay 69c and eliminate a $1 liability. Indicates it is unlikely they will ever repurchase at face value.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Sneaky - pay 69c and eliminate a $1 liability. Indicates it is unlikely they will ever repurchase at face value.
    If I remember correctly, they've been doing this for a few years now, off and on. No wonder the price has gone up so much since I bought them. . .

Looking ahead a bit to November reset. If OCR goes t0 2% by then new coupon likely to be about 3.5%-currently 4.26%. Buyers and sellers of this bond should pay attention to this fact.

I am paying attention to the one year swap rate, that"s what it will be reset on in Mid November.

IFTHA down to 60ish along with the outlook for rates, reset upcoming may be to circa 3.5% so effective circa 5.8% at current market value. Still seems attractive but obv the market is risk averse with an ever lower long term outlook for rates.

I bought a few more yesterday. I still feel the return is pretty good at current price and probably keeps my average around the 63-64 cent mark. I am getting close to being overweight in IFT bonds in general, but as the fixed term bonds mature I can decide whether to reduce or hold at current portfolio%. I don't think I've finished buying IFTHA just yet...

And however far the OCR and bank rates fall, I'm guessing the rate on these will look attractive enough in comparison. It would be nice if the 1.5% was a bit higher, but it is what it is and I'm always happy when payment date rolls around.