sharetrader
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

If this is not relevant then I apologise but thought I would throw it into the wine discussion.

I am a shareholder of Invivo, they are not listed yet but I think it will be only a year or two away with the way they're going. Run by the founders Tim and Rob

They are responsible for Graham Nortons line of wine as well as Sarah Jessica Parker.
    https://invivowines.com/

I bought in via equity crowd funding in 2015. At the time their 2015 yearly revenue was projected to be $Nz 5 m with their prior year revenue being from memory I think 3.6m.

I note having just received their annual report a few days ago their half year to september 2020 revenue is now $11.1m NZD

I think it likely we'll see an ipo in a couple of years. They along with Paz are the fastest growing companies shares I hold.

percy

Looks as though it will succeed with such passionate people driving it.

Looks like Yealands / Marlborough Lines are selling some of their vineyards in Seddon to NZ Super Fund:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...AMDT32IHE7GWY/

Interesting to compare the sale value relative to the carrying value of TVV’s vineyards, which are predominantly in the Awatere Valley, near Seddon. NZ Herald article suggests $34m paid by NZ Super Fund for 187 ha which works out at $181,800 per ha. At June 2020, TVV had vineyard assets at a carrying value of $53.5m, which is $146,600 per each of the 365 ha owned. There will be no doubt differences in value based on grape variety, production levels, water supply, health of vines, etc. Also TVV has 57 ha in the Hawke’s Bay which aren’t directly comparable with Seddon vineyards.

There has been an increase in buying interest in TVV shares of late - last sale at 50 cents but buyers have bids in at 51 and 52. Not a lot of sellers around at present.
    Last edited by Southern Lad; 04-12-2020 at 07:45 AM.

The sale of villa maria will be interesting with them having a major holding in TVV. TVV would go a lot better being aligned with another wine company in Marlborough. villa won’t let them yield, thus restricting return... also they need to flick on their Hb holdings, no money to be made up there!

Since the start of December 2020, there has been a relatively high volume of shares traded on Unlisted (561,700 shares which is 1.4% of the issued capital) and the share price has increased from 50 to 58 cents per share. Appears someone is serious about acquiring a stake, and with such a thinly traded stock this is pushing up the share price. Will be interesting to see where this all ends up.

The AFR today, subsequently reported by NZ Herald - see https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...6KPUDMMLFSHLQ/, contained speculation that 100% of Villa Maria may be for sale and suggested it may be worth $A200m.

Presumably the TVV share price increase over the last couple of months is related to this process. Will be interesting to see what implications any sale has for TVV and it’s shareholders.

Yields across the board are looking terrible, a good 20% down... this vintage won’t be a money spinner. Will be really interesting to see what happens with this one with the villa sale, they have a 21% stake according to companies office. Been a couple of investment companies sniffing round over the years as well.

Dilettante

An article by Brian Gaynor on the listed wine companies https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/o...can-you-invest

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    An article by Brian Gaynor on the listed wine companies https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/o...can-you-invest
    Sadly it's paywalled for me.

Can you please do us the executive summary?

Article canvassed overseas ownership of the NZ wine industry, recalled some earlier NZX listed wine companies that are now foreign owned and summarised the current NZX and USX wine industry listings. Talked up the success of Delegats as a NZ controlled listed wine company. Went on to discuss possible Villa Maria sale, asked the question as to why they didn’t list in NZ if they needed capital and concluded by asking if it were to be sold outright whether TVV would be part of any sale.