sharetrader
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Lad View Post
    Article canvassed overseas ownership of the NZ wine industry, recalled some earlier NZX listed wine companies that are now foreign owned and summarised the current NZX and USX wine industry listings. Talked up the success of Delegats as a NZ controlled listed wine company. Went on to discuss possible Villa Maria sale, asked the question as to why they didn’t list in NZ if they needed capital and concluded by asking if it were to be sold outright whether TVV would be part of any sale.
    Thanks SL for a good summary. Hadn't seen GTM's post.

Word on the street is its down to 2 buyers. Heart group (Graeme heart) and indevin. Indevin are desperately short of supply and need it to fill contractural obligations. Also bank wants it done by April... so it’s going to happen quick!

See Stuff article on the current Marlborough grape growing season, including comment from Matt Duggan on Villa Maria Awatere Valley yields and fruit condition:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...in-marlborough

“My vineyard in Awatere is actually sitting above target for Sauvignon Blanc, but below targets for everything else because all the things that flowered earlier were affected by the poor flowering in November,” Duggan said. “Everything is really clean this year. Everything has been well looked after. The fruit looks in really good condition,” Duggan said.

Yeh, the yields this vintage are well down.... worst than I thought...

Guru

USX Announcement today:

There have been media reports of a sales process in regard to Villa Maria Estate Limited. Terra Vitae Vineyards has no other knowledge of this. Villa Maria is the manager of Terra Vitae’s vineyards and the purchaser of its total grapes output under a long-term contract expiring not earlier than the end of 2059. Terra Vitae advises shareholders who may be concerned that any change in the control of Villa Maria, will not entitle Villa Maria to vary or terminate the contract, and Terra Vitae expects that it will be business as usual for the foreseeable future.
    Any questions shareholders may have should be directed to: The Secretary, info@terravitae.co.nz

Bit of chat re scales buying villa.... it’s going to be interesting to see who takes it out!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...res-to-be-sold

Wonder if that means TVV is on the block as well?

Say the grape supply agreement will get transferred with the sale. There will be an assignment clause

I figured they will still need the grapes so guessed that would roll over. I was thinking more along the lines that George Fistonich personally holds 1.26% of TVV and perhaps more importantly 21.89% is owned by Villa Maria Estate limited. While liquidity is limited on Unlisted at the last trading price of 55c that's a combined holding of just over $5 million. If I was a receiver I might be tempted to cash that in relatively quickly.

Yields are looking good this season… also indevin won’t impose yield caps… could be worth a look