sharetrader
Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101
Results 1,001 to 1,006 of 1006
    Guru

image.jpg

Comparison chart attached... I've taken the starting point as 2nd August as this is around about the time when the share price 'settled' down after Bathurst's high court victory and since then things have been fairly correlated... until recent weeks... where others have roared ahead while Bathurst has been as flat as a pancake... excluding Bathurst, these other 5 asx listed coal producing stocks are up on average 120%... Bathurst you ask? up not even half of that (56%)... and to top it all off BRL is the only one in the negative today (-2%!)... contrast that with most of them up 4% or so!

They say a picture speaks a thousand words, although in this case I'm somewhat speechless as anyone can quite clearly see which stock is lagging (for no obvious reason in my view) and wildly under valued... What is going on?

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    image.jpg

Comparison chart attached... I've taken the starting point as 2nd August as this is around about the time when the share price 'settled' down after Bathurst's high court victory and since then things have been fairly correlated... until recent weeks... where others have roared ahead while Bathurst has been as flat as a pancake... excluding Bathurst, these other 5 asx listed coal producing stocks are up on average 120%... Bathurst you ask? up not even half of that (56%)... and to top it all off BRL is the only one in the negative today (-2%!)... contrast that with most of them up 4% or so!

They say a picture speaks a thousand words, although in this case I'm somewhat speechless as anyone can quite clearly see which stock is lagging (for no obvious reason in my view) and wildly under valued... What is going on?
    It's positively BONKERS

IMO

C'mon TJ,it's always been lagging,and youv e been saying this before.I think it's major shareholder Talleys who appear to be thedrag on this company as well as management.The perception they are in bed together another issue.

Guru

Since my last post, BRL is up 38% (highest point in almost 4 years) and a market cap nearing $300m, and although this is stunning (especially in contrast to almost all other share or even asset prices) I feel its quiet... too quiet...

So I thought I'd do a bit of a recap on performance in recent times:
    Time period: BRL vs ASX 200
    1 month: 20.3% vs -1.1%
    3 months: 75.7% vs 2.64%
    6 months: 100.8% vs -1.33%
    1 year: 330.7% vs 1.24%

In fact even if we look at the 5 year chart BRL has outperformed by almost 2x! That is, BRL is up 48.3% over the past 5 years while the ASX 200 is up 24.9%!

One of the best performing stocks on the ASX year to date (up 96%) and nobody seems to care... hopefully a dividend annoucement in a few months time makes Mr Market sit up and take notice!

Guru

HY announced yesterday - EBITDA for the full year expected to be in the $120-130m (presumably NZD)

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/ap...df02a206a39ff4

Have $82.3m (NZD) of cash. Market cap is $171.2m (AUD). Share price over 40% off its highs, trading at $0.895. So PE very roughly must be about 2.4.

Apart from the fact they are a dirty old coal miner, what am I missing??

Missing? Only two things: 1. Much higher share price that reflects a sensible P/E Ratio. Think $2 not $0.9 And 2. A Dividend to return cash to loyal shareholders
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    HY announced yesterday - EBITDA for the full year expected to be in the $120-130m (presumably NZD)

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/ap...df02a206a39ff4

Have $82.3m (NZD) of cash. Market cap is $171.2m (AUD). Share price over 40% off its highs, trading at $0.895. So PE very roughly must be about 2.4.

Apart from the fact they are a dirty old coal miner, what am I missing??