sharetrader
Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101 LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Trading halt till Tuesday - capital raise?
    If you are interested, there is a lot of discussion on BRL on the hotcopper site.

I don't think BRL will need to capital raise for a while if ever. EBITDA of about $100m this year.

Advanced Member

Thanks - whats holding back the share price?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Thanks - whats holding back the share price?
    ... result of the court case
    (can't think what else is possibly holding the share price so low - a full loss has already almost been priced in, in my view)

Thought I'd better top up gain at 12 cents. Who knows there may be another top up later.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    (can't think what else is possibly holding the share price so low - a full loss has already almost been priced in, in my view)
    Perhaps Fonterra's decision to phase out coal in favour of electricity for their southern plants has been noted. Aren't Bathurst mines involved there?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Perhaps Fonterra's decision to phase out coal in favour of electricity for their southern plants has been noted. Aren't Bathurst mines involved there?
    Don't think so... about 60% of the EBIDTA alone comes from export earnings, and the other 40% doesn't all come from Fonterra of course (in fact I doubt even a double digit percentage of BRL EBIDTA comes from Fonterra)

Moderated user

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Interesting call..........a resounding court defeat which you seem to believe was already fully priced in.....3 days later and the shares are down 20% plus with very little action on the buy depth.

Moderated user

This company has insanely strong financials to support the SP.
    Company now trading at 2 x expected EBITDA.
    Unfortunately it appears the market place is making a judgement on the management.
    Recent court case went against them, $40 USD plus cost plus interest.
    According to BRL's ann's as of 30th June 2018 they had $20m NZD cash freely available.....a bit short of what they owe for the court defeat.
    I find it most interesting that the CEO of the company when this deal was agreed too back in 2010 was a key witness for the opposition.
    According to the court documents BRL 's own internal communications have tripped them up as well.
    No wonder late last year they appealed that their internal communications should not be used in the court case...this of course was quite rightly over ruled by the judge.
    The resounding loss with full amount claimed plus interest and court cost awarded to the winner and other facts referred to leads me to believe the defense may have been more ego driven than factual.....just an opinion.

A great result as we knew it would be. I wonder if the increase in the NZ operations is in part due to Solid Energy's demise? Perhaps th ejump is a one off.
    Have given the HC BRL site away due to that really stupid poster.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 100101 View Post
    A great result as we knew it would be. I wonder if the increase in the NZ operations is in part due to Solid Energy's demise? Perhaps th ejump is a one off.
    Have given the HC BRL site away due to that really stupid poster.
    Which stupid poster are you talking about? If a share comes out with a "great result" and the SP falls from 16 to 11 in the preceding 2 months I think there is more at play. The stupid poster on the HC site is knows more and does his research well. I like having a bit of balance as a holder in BRL because its good to see all sides of the coin.