sharetrader
Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

"Australian miner Bathurst Resources has received the final approval from the Environment Court for its controversial Escarpment coal mine project on West Coast conservation land."
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...-mine-approved

Thank the lord. Finally things are looking up, hopefully? That sure was a long wait.

How much of a run will we see out of this news though....?

anyone looking to buy/accumulate tomorrow on this news? looking forward to finishing work and starting some research

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    How much of a run will we see out of this news though....?
    I personally look at $0.35-$0.40

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    anyone looking to buy/accumulate tomorrow on this news? looking forward to finishing work and starting some research
    Yes I think I might need to do some research, know very little about coal so is going to prove a bit difficult. From what I have read so far, is that the coal from Bathurst is Coking Coal, and from the post above from Brian the price is currently USD 150/t. Does anyone have a link to a real times prices (or close to) from the likes of Bloomberg or similar, I really can't seem to find anything.

Also if anyone could point me in the direction to who are the main buyers of coal, I see in the presentations that there is a lot of talk about shipping, so something that may have to be factored into the price?

Thanks

so they have another 15 day window for possible appeals - will be holding off on buying for a couple of weeks personally

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    "Australian miner Bathurst Resources has received the final approval from the Environment Court for its controversial Escarpment coal mine project on West Coast conservation land."
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...-mine-approved
    Great news, was thinking of accumulating today, but read that this decision can be appealed within 15 day's ?, is this correct or is it all done and dusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Horseshoe View Post
    Great news, was thinking of accumulating today, but read that this decision can be appealed within 15 day's ?, is this correct or is it all done and dusted.
    The way I read it, the resource consent was given and there is a 15 day window to appeal that consent decision, so parties have until COB Friday 08/11 to appeal? Please correct me if i'm wrong/anyone disagrees

However.. if an appeal was lodged, my feeling would be it would probably fail after all the battles and hurdles BRL have overcome thus far. But an appeal may drop the SP a bit which would be a good time to buy/accumulate.. and get in for the longer term. thoughts?
    Last edited by clip; 25-10-2013 at 09:20 AM.