sharetrader
Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

I'm surprised a bot hasn't kicked in and bought 1 share at $8

Quote Originally Posted by apac View Post
    I'm surprised a bot hasn't kicked in and bought 1 share at $8
    and some reporter will report that shares went up almost 100% during day trading

Quote Originally Posted by apac View Post
    and some reporter will report that shares went up almost 100% during day trading
    apoloiges wrong thread, that's meant for ACY

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Bots don't operate on very illiquid stocks (no algorithms to work with really!). What you are refferring to would be window dressing at the end of day. Doubt it will happen though, most people see right through it and would be a waste of money. Needs to be a large enough trade to not be an OL condition as well (ie small trade under NZX rules which does not constitute the SP rising/falling).
    hey u r back. Welcome back

Looking strong in Oz this morning, 12% lift so far

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Just wondering, when I sell BRL shares on the NZX, since BRL is listed on the ASX, does that mean my shares on the NZX can be bought through the ASX?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Just wondering, when I sell BRL shares on the NZX, since BRL is listed on the ASX, does that mean my shares on the NZX can be bought through the ASX?
    Im not quite sure what you mean there but shall try to explain. BRL is dual listed so you can buy the shares in either australia or new zealand. The shares you buy in Australia you have to sell in Australia, the shares you buy in NZ you have to sell in NZ.
    Hope that helps.

Veteran novice

I'm well out of touch with today's practice but there used to be a facility to "shunt", ie transfer, dual-listed shares from one register to another. From memory, this had to be done before, and separate to, selling said shares on the recipient register but as with so many details these days, I may have this wrong!

Worth inquiring further though if you are contemplating the possible need.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I'm well out of touch with today's practice but there used to be a facility to "shunt", ie transfer, dual-listed shares from one register to another. From memory, this had to be done before, and separate to, selling said shares on the recipient register but as with so many details these days, I may have this wrong!

Worth inquiring further though if you are contemplating the possible need.
    Yes you can "shunt" the shares. A few forms and paperwork and smile nicely at the admin lady (or gent but there are not many) having to do this work for you and you can get it through. Used to do it myself a few times to "arbitrage" between price differentials. But in the case of BRL, if the shares stay at 27 in Aus, they will just open at 31 cents in NZ and no arbitrage opportunity exists.

Up 28% at open, that's better than Meridian will be I suspect. Ozzies on Hotcopper a picking a further rise on ASX today