sharetrader
Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Baddarcy View Post
    I've been watching this stock too. Not in yet as always thought they were going to run out of cash and would do a capital raising. They talked about having enough cash and lending facilities to get denniston up and running. But I have my doubts.
    Trading halt...my pick is still on a capital raising, last report showed they were down to $17m of cash, can't build a mine from scratch with that.

Any other thoughts for the halt?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    F&A has given up and realised the errors of their ways putting wildlife before human livelihood?
    I think Nick Smith is announcing his decision on the Denniston Plateau mine today. Could the halt be linked to that ?

Dilettante

They are indeed ! Great to see a very environmentally friendly Minister take this approach and responsibility and remove the process away from the stalemate it has been in to make the necessary and long overdue decision. I have no doubt he has done his homework well and will be able to defend his decision, whatever it will be.

Bathurst is staring into the same decline in coal prices that is causing distress to Solid Energy.

If the CFO of Bathurst walked into a bank and said he wanted to borrow money to develop a coal mine the bank manager would turn and instruct a minion to "release the hounds/"

Boop boop de do

Marilyn

feel sorry for the people who placed orders during trading halt. has come straight back down

Guru

Marilyn you stick to your female desires we will attend to the manily needs of this world, coal mining is a mans world, F & B is for you!

Dilettante

lol, looks like I missed a bloodbath (excuse the pun) while I was out galavanting around town picking up artworks!
    You need to give up your museum job. It is obviously interfering with your sharetrading too much
    Interesting interview with Nick Smith just now with Duncan Garner on Radio Live where he explicitly acknowledges the chance of more applications for open cast mines and that he is not necessarily opposed to it. How refreshing

Good news with Smiths announcement but still a long way to go until i'm in for another bite at this one. Patience got the better of me and now this stock is weighing down the portfolio (no stop loss and a whole lot of pain later) . With appeals out of the way eventually this stock will recover but a new capital raising will almost certainly take place now and i'm not in until all of that is done and the shovels are in the dirt.

Any bet on the outcome of hearing at High Court this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Any bet on the outcome of hearing at High Court this week?
    Same as all those before and after this one, in Bathursts favour.

F&B are just playing a stalling game here, they know they will lose, but they also know they will scare off others who want to mine in this country.