sharetrader
Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    according to the dairy farmers I talk too the continued ongoing fall in fontera's dairy auction prices has guaranteed the pay out will be lowered to under $5.
    Given this I believe a kiwi $ below 70 is well on the cards in the next 6 months.

Snapiti this could well happen....but on the other side we have had a 50% fall at dairy auctions with limited doenside to the NZD. Most of the fall against the USD cross rate has been USD being stonger rather than NZD weakness. Against the pound and Euro there is little change.
    On top of this we have record immigration numbers, mostly from kiwis returning home, a pretty sound economy, CHCH rebuild in full swing....all these factors will underpin the NZD. Inflation has weakend but that won't last and we can expect further rises to the official cash rate later next year....
    Of course all these things can turn, and even turn quite quickly and as Biker says economists don't have a crystal ball...previous known fundamentals have changed and often are not or seem not to have as much relevance as before....commodity prices and the NZD being one....normally with such a drastic drop in milk payout the NZD would have shed 20%.
    But I wish everyone well with this risk in BRL...I might dip my toes in when I have some cash I can afford to lose. But as Biker says, if it comes off, the upside could be very nice indeed....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    I totally agree with you why the NZD is still holding so high............. lets see what happens when fontera finally come clean about the pay out falling below $5
    And English announcing a DEFICIT rather than PROFIT as always promised on the Governments books. Only a few days away now...

http://www.sunsirs.com/uk/prodetail-417.html

It may still be low but at least it is going the right way.

Biker can you explain to a inexperience commodity observer how to read this chart? I can see the line going up but do not know what the 930 stands for. Cheers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Biker can you explain to a inexperience commodity observer how to read this chart? I can see the line going up but do not know what the 930 stands for. Cheers
    Prive is in Yuan and chart price percentage is inverse to us Westerners way of doing it. The price is gaining

Banned

I note that most commodities saw a big bump last night from oversold levels with Nickel well up, Copper advancing and coal gaining as US jobs and Chinese data injected some faith into manufacturing sectors.

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    It's got me buggered too ??
    BB

Ah....
    forest... click on "pricing by Index" and then work from there
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
    Ah....
    forest... click on "pricing by Index" and then work from there
    BB
    Thanks BB all makes sense now.

Anybody watching the BRL share price capitulate? Time for a "please explain" from the NZX/ASX I would have thought?
    Last edited by biker; 10-12-2014 at 09:15 AM.