sharetrader
Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tosspot View Post
    The court hearing is today. So if positive then share price should fly this avo. I feel a bad decision is already priced in
    Just the opposite. All good news have been factored in. There is no doubt that the Environmental Court would give consent for mining. The bad news would be: at what cost.

The selling pressure has been from Australia. Every afternoon BTU price at NZX is dragged down by its ASX price.

Default Denniston Plateau decision could take days

http://www.3news.co.nz/Denniston-Pla...8/Default.aspx

The idiot system.

Bathurst would probably run out of cash before the Environmental Court makes its decision.

I am a conservationist at heart. I would like to keep New Zealand clean, green and pristine...but I am also a realist.

F&B have done their job. They secured $22mil for predator control, they have ensured the miners know they are accountable before being allowed free rein to mine when and how the please, and they have raised public awareness of the issues. Now unless they have a plan that creates 225 jobs and contributes $1bil to the economy it is time for them to walk away from this stoush and plan for the next.

Coalmine final approval weeks away
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...val-weeks-away

It would be interesting to see what happens at the annual meeting tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    I am a conservationist at heart. I would like to keep New Zealand clean, green and pristine...but I am also a realist.

F&B have done their job. They secured $22mil for predator control, they have ensured the miners know they are accountable before being allowed free rein to mine when and how the please, and they have raised public awareness of the issues. Now unless they have a plan that creates 225 jobs and contributes $1bil to the economy it is time for them to walk away from this stoush and plan for the next.
    But do we really need it... A high proportion of profits will
    head overseas... A few years down the track it will all be over and everyone will be complaining about job losses... It's a boom bust industry... World coal prices are dropping... it's not a dessert in aus it's some nice native bush... It's time to think away from digging holes in the ground and create renewable buisness ventures in these beautiful parts of nz... I know I wouldn't want that hole anywhere near my place
    Last edited by NZSilver; 12-06-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    It's time to think away from digging holes in the ground and create renewable buisness ventures in these beautiful parts of nz... I know I wouldn't want that hole anywhere near my place
    Be realistic. Everyone likes clean and green businesses. But there is only one silicon valley in the world. Do you think NZ education systems produce enough science and engineering graduates to support high-tech industries? Do you think NZ capital market is big enough to support such industries? At the end of day it is the natural resources that support the living standard in NZ. Many generations have dreamed clean and profitable industries. But the fundamentals in NZ economy have not changed, and probably would not change much in the foreseeable future.

Veteran novice

.....and in the meantime we're happy to use the products made by other countries digging up their iron ore and metallurgical coal to provide the materials to make our cars, bikes, buses, trains, pots and pans, electrical appliances etc etc ?

A certain amount of hypocrisy on our part, I fear!

Disc: Have a small BTU holding.

I completely agree with you, but I don't believe my standard of living will increase if a coal mine on the west coast opens. I dont think it will make many new zealanders have a higher standard of living. I believe in using natural resources to create industry, jobs, exports and wealth in NZ, just not a dirty big open cast coal mines over native forests, dragging most of their returns overseas. Australian companies are closing mines due to oversupply (but also increased supply in china reducing the need for aussie coal) and lower demand In other countries reducing prices, how is this mine going to viable as surely it will rely on exports?

Disc: will never hold BTU
    Last edited by NZSilver; 14-06-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Smile I think I understand but would like some re-assurance

Could somebody kindly confirm that all this complicated going on with de-listings and listings etc just means that when all is said and done that:

1 BTU [Bathurst Resources Limited] share will be replaced by 1 BRL [Bathurst Resources (New Zealand) Limited]

no more, no less

Best Wishes & Thanks
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

does anyone know why no trades are being traded this morning