sharetrader
Page 57 of 101 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Is that positive for BRL?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuck View Post
    Is that positive for BRL?
    Obviously - if the coking coal price stays South for years to come, this would not be good for any coal miner. However not sure, what the reason for SE's woes is, and difficult to say without having seen their books. Not sure, whether they divested from all their somewhat unwise "think big" investing projects SE went into before it nearly went broke a couple of years ago. Could have something to do with that as well. Lets wait and see.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 28-02-2015 at 10:40 AM. Reason: correction - removed ref to overseas
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Modi is certainly trying to boost India's economic activity but I wouldn't get too carried away. I just read a telling statistic that India only has 35 million tax payers ! That's about 2.5% of the population ! China as a comparison a communist state has over 300 million.
    Last edited by Daytr; 01-03-2015 at 06:47 PM.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

From a technical perspective Monday should be an interesting day with resistance at 6c.

http://www.coastval.co.nz/newsletters/ A good site for local news.
    Last edited by tony64peter; 01-03-2015 at 01:33 PM.

True - given the recent spectacular rise and given how the SP seems to be glued to the upper boundary of the Bollinger channel, I could very well imagine some sort of breather coming up. On the other hand ... volume was increasing over the recent week (which would point to potential for a further rise), so not sure, how soon ...

Discl: sold some on Friday, but still holding lots ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Default Letter from the coast

Observations from the coast, having spent a week or so there. I cannot say what SE books look like – probably not too flash. Talking to one miner working up the plateau – life continues pretty much as normal. There’s a little bit of nervousness about more layoffs and a fair amount of annoyance at the five day week. Coal trains (1500 tons) rumble by at two day. I had the chance to talk to another miner there who reckoned that all the good coking coal has already been mined out up there. Personally, I take that with a grain of salt – on the other hand, another person showed me the load of coal he had delivered and complained that it was ‘rubbish’.
    It is noticeable that there are fewer men (and woman) about town in high viz gear, appears less 4x4s with “C” on the sides (C with large numbers on the side of the vehicle to identify the vehicle on the plateau). The town is awash with camper vans instead.
    At the bottom of our road – there is a ‘car park’ and visitors from ‘outside’ often ask why people would park in the middle of nowhere. The cars are, of course, owned by miners who catch the bus up to the plateau. This car park only has two or three cars nowdays where it used to be half a dozen and more.
    As an aside – I happened to be in Newcastle NSW a few months ago, sitting on the dock of the bay – as it were, I observed a panamax come into port. I’d never seen a ship so big so close up. The aussies still export massive amounts of coal –as we know. And yet, consulting the fonts of all knowledge – the local taxi drivers, it is ‘really bad’, ‘lots of layoffs’. Same thing there but on a bigger scale.
    And noting that the BBC business news last night said that the Chinese manufacturing index was 49 – and taking all of the above into consideration – I will again put off my plans to buy BRL.

Maybe next dividend season but definitely not yet.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    very very good news for the balance sheet

www.nzx.com/companies/BRL/announcements/261610
    So if I read this correctly, rather than supply cash, all they have to do is "give" 5% of the sales revenue? Seems like a good deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    bloody good deal considering BRL would of had to do a cap raise to pay for it.
    Market slow to react to this one......doubled my holdings today.
    And is an indication New Brighton Collieries Limited has confidence BRL will be around to deliver !

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    And is an indication New Brighton Collieries Limited has confidence BRL will be around to deliver !
    I would think that the fine print of the contract would provide for the asset to revert to New Brighton Collieries in the event of default. But yes, a good outcome for Bathurst.