sharetrader
Page 66 of 101 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Cash reserves up 400k for the quarter. Cash on hand 5.2mill. Not all bad, producing at around US$83/ton
    Last edited by tony64peter; 29-07-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Guru

I think this is actually pretty dam good to be honest...

Clearly you are not alone with that opinion! Something like 110 trades went through today, price up 33%. If only I had stuck with my convictions and brought last week like I had been contemplating! Hopefully this is not a blip, but instead is the reversal of a long winded down trend.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post

Agreed TJ. A continuing indication of good financial management of a very tight budget.

Disc. Hold quite a few and bought more last week at 1.2c
    Last edited by biker; 11-08-2015 at 09:25 AM.

Commodity prices and related stocks rebounded Monday, and while it's too soon to call a bottom following a rout in the commodity complex, closely followed market watcher James Paulsen said Monday the outlook could look brighter within a year.

The biggest factor in a commodities turnaround will be the dollar, the Wells Capital Management chief investment strategist said. If it continues to go higher, commodities will remain under pressure.

However, Paulsen said he believes the greenback has been in "peaking mode" since March.

"With a little bit of dollar weakness and with a bounce—not only in United States growth, but also just globally from all the policy stimulus that we've been enacting—if there's a bounce, then I think commodity prices have an excellent chance of surprising and rising over the next year," he told CNBC's "Squawk Alley."
    A stronger U.S. currency makes dollar-denominated commodities more expensive for holders of other currencies.

Crude futures rebounded from multimonth lows Monday, and gold hit the highest level since June. Silver and copper were both up about 3 percent.

Meanwhile, the S&P 500 energy and materials sectors led gains on Friday, and industrial stocks rose 1.8 percent.

Paulsen said the rally in names like Caterpillar is more likely due to a technical bounce off the 200-day moving average on Friday than any fundamental change. The announcement that Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway would buy Precision Castparts also likely boosted industrials, he added
    Still, he said it he felt fine allocating some investment toward industrials, materials and energy.

"You don't have to buy commodities, but you can buy commodity-like stocks in industrials and materials and energy.

The Canadian stock market, the Australia stock market are all potential plays on that," he said.
    Last edited by biker; 11-08-2015 at 09:28 AM.

I think they were referring to commodity based returns in the Americas. A higher U.S. Dollar would shut down production in the U.S. And help ease the oversupply world wide, a good thing for a NZ producer. There has been a real lag in production decreases, probably contractual obligations, in regard to oversupply. Only now are we starting see these reductions.
    Last edited by tony64peter; 11-08-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Nice to see a bit of upward movement this week, $100,000 turnover today and a close at 2.2c. Not a bad rise from 1.1c a couple of weeks ago but still a long way and wait to go in the coking coal world.
    The West Coast could do with a prosperous Coking coal mine right about now!
    Last edited by biker; 14-08-2015 at 06:33 PM.

Guru

So what was the reasoning behind the big rise today? There seemed to be some concern around china today... heavy volume as well...

Veteran novice

So what was the reasoning behind the big rise today? There seemed to be some concern around china today... heavy volume as well...
    A few bargains available from Solid Energy - if anyone can afford them!

Veteran novice

Duplicate post