sharetrader
Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast

A road from Denniston to Stockton load out facility and coal to Lyttleton issues are soughted. Anyone know the topography thru this area for that feasibility????

Quote Originally Posted by tony64peter View Post
    A road from Denniston to Stockton load out facility and coal to Lyttleton issues are soughted. Anyone know the topography thru this area for that feasibility????
    The topography would be very challenging, plus the would be significant environmental challenges.

If that was overcome, the road would be slower than just driving down the hill directly.

A new roapway or incline from Denniston would be far cheaper and faster.

Quote Originally Posted by scottwalshnz View Post
    The topography would be very challenging, plus the would be significant environmental challenges.

If that was overcome, the road would be slower than just driving down the hill directly.

A new roapway or incline from Denniston would be far cheaper and faster.
    Thanks for the info

Guru

Looks not to bad actually...

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics...idsId=01655904
    (hope the link works)

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Looks not too bad actually...

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics...idsId=01655904
    (hope the link works)
    Yes, not going broke, so just patience required for an upturn in the coking coal price and/or off-take agreement/investment.
    Export coal "Focus on margin not coal price" certainly something to work towards and great to see, but hard to squeeze a reasonable margin at current prices -costs and coal, however the projected NZ$73 a tonne cash cost of coking coal production for FY16 is a very good start!!
    ( less than US$48 a tonne in today's money!)
    I really like the upside possibility of BRL. From around 2 cps has the potential of multiplying the share price many times.
    Disc hold quite a few, some for quite a while, so I may be biased.
    Last edited by biker; 28-08-2015 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Added text

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Yes, not going broke, so just patience required for an upturn in the coking coal price and/or off-take agreement/investment.
    Export coal "Focus on margin not coal price" certainly something to work towards and great to see, but hard to squeeze a reasonable margin at current prices -costs and coal, however the projected NZ$73 a tonne cash cost of coking coal production for FY16 is a very good start!!
    ( less than US$48 a tonne in today's money!)
    I really like the upside possibility of BRL. From around 2 cps has the potential of multiplying the share price many times.
    Disc hold quite a few, some for quite a while, so I may be biased.
    Hi biker,

where did you find a reference to NZ$73 cash cost per ton of coking coal? Sounds good - but I must have missed that ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

that is there FY16 target, on slide 6:
    "Reduction of mining costs from FY14 of 40% ... Target FY16 – NZ$73/tonne, average cash cost of mining."

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    that is there FY16 target, on slide 6:
    "Reduction of mining costs from FY14 of 40% ... Target FY16 – NZ$73/tonne, average cash cost of mining."
    Now I see it - cheers! Yes - sounds like a good target, though it is obviously only that ... and overhead cost come on top of that (though they said that they reduced these as well.

Good though, to see them fighting - though they obviously can't do a lot about their largest competitive barrier - the high transport cost to bring the coal to the next real harbour. To be long term successful they will need as well either a rise in the coking coal price - or a very innovative transport solution.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Has anyone tried to sell their BRL shares on the asx since the delisting on NZX? I trade via ASB Securities and it currently wont let me place a sell order on the asx... as it tells me I don't have any existing shares to sell. Bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by barleeni View Post
    Has anyone tried to sell their BRL shares on the asx since the delisting on NZX? I trade via ASB Securities and it currently wont let me place a sell order on the asx... as it tells me I don't have any existing shares to sell. Bugger.
    I had the same problem, I had to call ASB securities and ask them to transfer them.