sharetrader
Page 95 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899 ... LastLast
    Guru

Looks to be just adding in/confirming current SE mine amounts.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Looks good right? Share price not looking so good - bit dumb founded by it to be honest (as I have said multiple times on another platform). Wish I'd snagged a few today at 12.0c because you'd think the share price would increase tomorrow as a result of resources nearly doubling!

Then again you'd also think after a great first quarter of the "new & improved" BRL the share price could only push higher...
    Bots have been working away at this one, driving the price down. Looks like today they may have found the bottom so I'm expecting some pretty big buying over the next few days or until whoever they are has their fill. Fundamentals should then take over. I doubt this current SP has anything to do at all with the hoopla other than providing the manipulators with ammo to drive the price back down.

No mining likely at Denniston now.

https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/...land-signalled
    “8 November 2017 - The Minister of Conservation Eugenie Sage has today confirmed that the new Government will strengthen the protection for public conservation land by making it off-limits for new mining.
    “We need to build a sustainable, modern, clean green economy for all New Zealanders. New mines on our protected lands are not going to take us there.

“Coal mining adds to the climate crisis and new mines generally have a 15-year lifespan. Once the coal is gone, the jobs are gone and so is the unique environment of places like the West Coast – which is the basis of a sustainable economy and long-term jobs.

“Places like the West Coast and Coromandel have diversified their economies on the back of their stunning natural beauty and landscapes, and the warmth of local communities. This Government is committed to helping workers in these regions make a just transition from mining.
    “Tourism on the West Coast is now responsible for more jobs than the mining sector. It’s crucial that we protect the very thing that draws visitors – unequalled beech and rimu forests, river valleys and a network of huts and tracks.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/afternoons/audio/2018621024/conservation-mine-ban-kevin-hague

“Forest and Bird are welcoming the news that Government has put a ban on future mining on conservation land.
    The organisation's chief executive, Kevin Hague, says it's a major victory for nature and means their battle to stop areas such as the Denniston plateau being mined are now safe.”

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    No mining likely at Denniston now.

https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/...land-signalled
    “8 November 2017 - The Minister of Conservation Eugenie Sage has today confirmed that the new Government will strengthen the protection for public conservation land by making it off-limits for new mining.
    “We need to build a sustainable, modern, clean green economy for all New Zealanders. New mines on our protected lands are not going to take us there.

“Coal mining adds to the climate crisis and new mines generally have a 15-year lifespan. Once the coal is gone, the jobs are gone and so is the unique environment of places like the West Coast – which is the basis of a sustainable economy and long-term jobs.

“Places like the West Coast and Coromandel have diversified their economies on the back of their stunning natural beauty and landscapes, and the warmth of local communities. This Government is committed to helping workers in these regions make a just transition from mining.
    “Tourism on the West Coast is now responsible for more jobs than the mining sector. It’s crucial that we protect the very thing that draws visitors – unequalled beech and rimu forests, river valleys and a network of huts and tracks.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/afternoons/audio/2018621024/conservation-mine-ban-kevin-hague

“Forest and Bird are welcoming the news that Government has put a ban on future mining on conservation land.
    The organisation's chief executive, Kevin Hague, says it's a major victory for nature and means their battle to stop areas such as the Denniston plateau being mined are now safe.”
    Moka This is old news and the statement is, "New mines....", Escarpment, Cascades, Sullivans etc etc are existing mines. It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant Greenies are; that drive cars, fly aeroplanes, wear jewellery, use cell phones, ride bicycles, use solar panels, lithium batteries and the list goes on, all of which are reliant on products from mines.
    Last edited by RTFQ; 29-11-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTFQ View Post
    Moka This is old news and the statement is, "New mines....", Escarpment, Cascades, Sullivans etc etc are existing mines. It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant Greenies are; that drive cars, fly aeroplanes, wear jewellery, use cell phones, ride bicycles, use solar panels, lithium batteries and the list goes on, all of which are reliant on products from mines.
    It's an ideology that is laced with hypocricy for many/most.

'Not in my back yard!'. Bring me my bounty from far lands on big oil propelled metal ships. I will not re-habitate one single bird to lesson my global impact! Away with you capitalist scum!
    Last edited by t.rexjr; 29-11-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Yesterdays scaremongering aside, I notice that the AGM presentation issued yesterday included a revised forecast profit of $75million this year. Not bad for a company with a market cap of about $230million right?!?!?

And no debt. wowsers. Mr. market doesnt seem to like it though. Or mr. market knows something I dont (?)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by barleeni View Post
    Yesterdays scaremongering aside, I notice that the AGM presentation issued yesterday included a revised forecast profit of $75million this year. Not bad for a company with a market cap of about $230million right?!?!?

And no debt. wowsers. Mr. market doesnt seem to like it though. Or mr. market knows something I dont (?)
    Mr Market is about to re-rate it I think - biggest volume in a while going through today, could be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.
    BRL seem to be doing the old 'under promise, over deliver', the half year results look to be on track for an absolute cracker and at the end of the day, the numbers will do the talking.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Mr Market is about to re-rate it I think - biggest volume in a while going through today, could be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.
    BRL seem to be doing the old 'under promise, over deliver', the half year results look to be on track for an absolute cracker and at the end of the day, the numbers will do the talking.
    IJ , Great call here , nearly 20 cents today off to a cracker start for 2018 . Shout you a beer or two someday .
    Cheers

S/L
    DISC : Held

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    IJ , Great call here , nearly 20 cents today off to a cracker start for 2018 . Shout you a beer or two someday .
    Cheers

S/L
    DISC : Held
    I would greatly appreciate that great to see some serious volume return today - next few days could be interesting, if we get to the 20c, aside from it being a milestone in itself, I think it will open up even more eyes (and therefore buyers).
    Some analyst probably got back to the office and fell off his chair when he realized the potential of bathurst vs where it is priced at now.

We should expect a quarterly activities report out in the next 2 weeks. According to the metrics in the AGM presentation, they were forecasting EBITDA of a whopping $33million this quarter only. I think that was based on $US202/t coking coal. There is evidence around that its higher than that present.

If anything I would be looking for them to beat the forecast. If that happens one would expect the shareprice to jump another notch (?). It will be most interesting to get an update on where they expect coking coal prices to go for the remaining half of FY18, the $75m forecast EBITDA for FY2018 is based on the remaining 2 quarters $US150/t. Anything higher should be a bonus, although exchange rates are a tailwind at the moment.

Disc: BRL is currently my largest holding by a significant margin!