sharetrader
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thanks for waving the Tem flag, have dipped toe in today. Net asset value say $11.90, buybacks at $10.60. Like the look of holdings and exposure to these markets.

Another one where less chat = cap gain BlackPeter! Been doing ok has TEM.
    Last edited by psychic; 02-09-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    Another one where less chat = cap gain BlackPeter! Been doing ok has TEM.
    So true. Admittedly not a NZ fund , which might explain some of the silence, but still, performed nice for me and has IMHO still lots of "puff" .

Discl: Happy holder

I'm back into this after a period of absence. With the outlook for the N.Z. dollar looking less rosy and N.Z. stocks generally at very stretched level's TEM provides a very easy and cost effective way to add some broad diversification to one's portfolio. Keep it under $50K for an individual and avoid FIF fund hassles

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Keep it under $50K for an individual and avoid FIF fund hassles
    Actually, given that it is a NZX traded share, are you sure it would fall under the FIF regime anyway? I guess not a real problem for me (under the limit), but I always assumed that for any NZX security it would be sufficient to report the dividends come tax return, and obviously traders would need to declare any capital gains.

Anybody who knows for sure, whether NZX traded TEM shares would be considered by IRD as domestic or as offshore investment?

Lots of ETF's and other similar type funds listed here but being listed here doesn't exempt investors from the FIF regulations. Would be nice if it did.

I'm out this morning, sold to the existing bids at 11.55 and 11.50, but I see they didn't get touched... snapped up by ANZ somehow before the sell hit the board.
    Not sure how equitable this jumping the queue is, but suppose it happens all the time.

Anyways, been a bit concerned about the falling nav. Another drop in this mornings announcement - not reflected in the closing trades on the London Stock Exchange Friday so asssuming the announcement will have some effect tonight. (?) One of the contributors will be the recent merger of Tata and CMC. TEM's second largest holding is Tata Consultancy, and it's SP fell 14% on the news - bit of a knee jerk maybe but enough in current market to make me withdraw into a cave for a spell.

Will read a bit more about Tata / CMC and reconsider position

edit - I've obviously read this all wrong judging by current asks TEM:NZ

http://articles.economictimes.indiat...t-profit-crore
    Last edited by psychic; 20-10-2014 at 10:31 AM.

What charting do you use to read this stock??
    Everything I try and look at seems to be broken.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    What charting do you use to read this stock??
    Everything I try and look at seems to be broken.

Thanks
    Not sure, whether charting would be my preferred method to assess a fund like TEM (composed from a large number of independant shares) ... however: ANZ securities Super chart seems to work fine.

Gosh - this stock seems to attract a lot of discussion ;

Anyway ... despite the returns over the last 5 years or so have been all but stellar, TEM will be a useful vehicle to benefit from any recovery of the emerging (and particular Chinese) markets - obviously: if & when this recovery starts. TEM is for obvious reasons currently quite cheap compared to the last handful of years and likely to ramp up as soon as the Chinese flu is over.

Discl: holding (some) & obviously - DYOR;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)