sharetrader
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Looks to have been a bit of a rollercoaster for you RRR. Last time i looked there was alot of cut price budget competition piling in and stuffing things up for IVC. Looks to have adapted or altered its strategy going by the price recovery happening though?
    2018 was a bad year for IVC - 2nd consecutive year of decreasing death rates and it coincided with the renovation of funeral centers (which resulted in closure of funeral centers for 4-6 months on average), renovation now 35% complete. Their market share has actually gone up - but there is definitely competition at the budget end of the funeral business spectrum. IVC used to be in the big cities, but now they are expanding into the hinterlands (regions they call it).

In terms of share price - $18 end of 2017 to just above $10 in 2018. I chose to invest more in the downtrend and also participated in the recent share purchase plan..Let us see what happens. Update in May during annual meeting is keenly awaited and will determine the share price direction..
    Last edited by RRR; 26-04-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Looks like the start of an upward trend for this share. It will be interesting to see whether the trend consolidates in coming weeks.

Advanced Member

Possibly on the off chance the corona virus spreads?

Yes the share price has gone against the ozzie trend today. Was wondering whether there was a correlation there somewhere!!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrage View Post
    Yes the share price has gone against the ozzie trend today. Was wondering whether there was a correlation there somewhere!!
    Yep, in theory not a bad sector to be in, need something to put an end to these decreasing death rates!!

Advanced Member

Fantastic result.

Deaths up 2.9% after a drop of 3.3% last year
    profit up 50%

They can run from the grim reaper , but the can’t hide

EDIT
    Up 15% on the day, and with what's coming expect quite a few to latch onto it.
    Last edited by ratkin; 26-02-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Advanced Member

Thx arbitrage, was your post gave me the idea to buy in

Good result indeed. I have plenty, adding more by participating in the DRP.

The best measure of their core business is "operating earnings after tax", which excludes gains from pre-paid funeral funds-under-management. Operating earnings after tax is up by 19.3%.

Buy in gloom....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrage View Post
    Buy in gloom....

On,y thing I am slightly concerned about with these is that if too many people start dying they may ban funerals, and restict the number of people that can attend etc. could reach the situation where bodies are going straight from the hospital to the crematorium, but maybe I am being a little pessimistic there.
    I did see in Ireland though that there are restrictions on funerals already, and they are only at the early stage of the outbreak