sharetrader
Page 109 of 115 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1142

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    I hear that.However the article that JB posted has the reasons that I am accumulating I pretty much look at it as an "insurance"?The logic of it seems sound BUT because of the derivative markets it is wide open for manipulation and JP Morgans intentions are???The silver I have will still be here even if the price collapsed and it still can be made good use of unlike our human frailty it can survive indefinitely.
    Chart for last 100years
    http://www.macrotrends.net/1470/hist...100-year-chart
    1919 silver $16.97/oz took till 1968 to get to that level again feb 1930 low of $4.58.So you would have had to have held for a looong time if you had bought at peak in 1919.What this says to me is what other metal/commodities can be bought at 1919 prices???
    So 1 kg silver in 1919 (highest price)would cost US $544.73 or lowest price over that 49 yr period Feb 1931 at $147
    Adjusted to today's value US$8154.6/kg and US$2196.18/kg .The price of silver today is @$16.52/oz or US$531.94/kg .The value of that money today (US$531 )in 1919 $ adjusted terms would have been $35.6.
    So to my way of thinking at todays prices for silver you are paying the equivalent of $35.6/kg in 1919 terms.
    Exactly the pretty much the most undervalued hard assets on the planet...

Silver has many special properties that make it a very useful and precious metal. It has an attractive shiny appearance, although it tarnishes easily. The tarnish is silver sulphide and it forms as the silver reacts with sulphur compounds in the atmosphere. Of all the metals, silver is the best conductor of heat and electricity known, in fact it has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity known for any material. It is strong, malleable and ductile, and can endure extreme temperature ranges. Silver is also able to reflect light very well.

We’ve all heard it said, there are over 10,000 uses of silver in industrial applications. But are there really?
    101 uses of silver in everyday life ?

http://www.silvercoins.com/uses-of-silver/
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    The Bullion I mostly buy through Bulliondeals.co.nz or BuyBullion.co.nz Trademe etc I like to hold my silver at home in the safe etc but one can have it stored at a vault for a charge with many like the NZmint or NZvault etc

.. platform for buying say EPTMAG - Silver metal ETF I use my ANZ investing au (old E*Trade)
    JB, thanks for this information. I just ordered a monster box (500 ounces) of American Silver Eagles from Buybullion in Dunedin. I also came across your Google review.

Hey, if Peter Schiff is right, we'll be laughing. If not, well, at least silver is pretty to look at. I'll grab another box (or two) in the next few weeks. I can see how easy it is to turn into a crackpot silver bug.

I like the idea of silver over gold with that gold/silver ratio being so high. Also, BHP mines 200,000 ounces of a gold a year so I feel I have at least a small, indirect gold interest Just a pity it still doesn't own the silver mine at Cannington - I'm so tempted to buy some South32.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...22-gqbudo.html
    Last edited by Bobdn; 26-02-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Yeah no stress I’m firm believer in keeping your investments diverse across many sectors Silver bullion the best bullion metal to hold going forward imho .... I highly recommend you look into IRC as spec gold vanadium oil share holding truckloads ... and if it comes off I’ll be hitting buybullion for a good few monster boxes

Yeah no stress I’m firm believer in keeping your investments diverse across many sectors Silver bullion the best bullion metal to hold going forward imho .... I highly recommend you look into IRC as spec gold vanadium oil share holding truckloads ... and if it comes off I’ll be hitting buybullion for a good few monster boxes
    I see it went up 11% today, your hot tip must have been picked up.

Yes I first come across IRC as I have spoken and followed the MD Jon price for years .. let’s just say in 12yrs I’ve come across a few with the same potential OGC from 25c to $3+ RMS 4-5c to 60c IRN 12c to $1+

I think IRC has the same growth outlook if not even better if the monster vanadium deposit is a goer

Yes I first come across IRC as I have spoken and followed the MD Jon price for years .. let’s just say in 12yrs I’ve come across a few with the same potential OGC from 25c to $3+ RMS 4-5c to 60c IRN 12c to $1+

I think IRC has the same growth outlook if not even better if the monster vanadium deposit is a goer
    Cool, well, I've never had a truly speculative investment, so I bought 8000 at 0.235. Should be fun! If it goes to $2 I'll buy another monster box with the proceeds.

I fully understand that most of these mining companies go broke

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Cool, well, I've never had a truly speculative investment, so I bought 8000 at 0.235. Should be fun! If it goes to $2 I'll buy another monster box with the proceeds.

Yes many in this part of town hit the wall around raising finance to continue to explore ... but IRC one of the very few to be self funding through toll treatment of the projects ... currently we have to the end of next month at the TEAL project but we do have stage3 going through fesabity study and the drill crew expanding reserves to most likely see a major upgrade in production 2019+ then also Goongarrie will come on stream with EGS ... I understand we where looking around 12mill income for 17/18fy I think that could well double for 18/19fy
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post

Yes many in this part of town hit the wall around raising finance to continue to explore ... but IRC one of the very few to be self funding through toll treatment of the projects ... currently we have to the end of next month at the TEAL project but we do have stage3 going through fesabity study and the drill crew expanding reserves to most likely see a major upgrade in production 2019+ then also Goongarrie will come on stream with EGS ... I understand we where looking around 12mill income for 17/18fy I think that could well double for 18/19fy

Disc -holding 1.148mill shares

Fantastic! Only Scottsdale bullion for you if it hits.

I really enjoyed this recent presentation by Jim Rickards at the Vancouver Resource Investment Conference on the topic of the future of money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4xpZm7JlqU&t=7s
    Last edited by Bobdn; 27-02-2018 at 09:13 AM. Reason: wrong link

Default Why Silver is seriously Bearish?

Some good points made here .. just like Gold producers Silver producers Grades are falling likes S32- Cannington silver mine -

https://www.goldbullionaustralia.com...a241-557962141