sharetrader
Page 15 of 115 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

Banned

Here it is you can read it. Gold/silver ratio doesn't make sense to me, like gold/oil and all the other ratios.

It's all about investor sentiment, here's EZ telling me the other day that gold is on the way up because Congress can't decide on a budget.
    Budget is decided, but gold still goes up, what you call a suckers rally.

http://www.minyanville.com/businessm...-2011/id/33909

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Here it is you can read it. Gold/silver ratio doesn't make sense to me, like gold/oil and all the other ratios.

It's all about investor sentiment, here's EZ telling me the other day that gold is on the way up because Congress can't decide on a budget.

http://www.minyanville.com/businessm...-2011/id/33909
    Not the budget, but where are they getting the money to pay back there debt, printing it?

Legend

www.minyanville.com/businessmarkets/articles/silver-silver-price-overbought-gold-silver/4-12-2011/id/33909
    Skol, there are lots of reasons for gold to go up, and temporary inabilities of the biggest economy in the world to strike a budget is one. They have had another voting crisis since, and the major funding issues surface again in May. But here is some good news for you, on the farm. Your produce will be in demand even more, as Asian per capita income increases.

The flipside is that gold will also increase in price, if the correlation is correct. It's not until 2014 that major extra gold supplies are forecast from new and reopened mines, that might have been marginal before.

Oops, sorry, thought I was in the gold thread...
    Last edited by elZorro; 16-04-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Wow $43 and it's only April I really didn't think we would see the 40's levels to later in the year
    50's this year very likely IMHO but really the real spike will come when the Major paper silver shorters JPM,HSBC,BOA have to close down the bulk of their Silver short positions as they must be hurting to the tune of muti billions of losses esp JPM as they have been short since the teens they have stated to have closed some of their position but to this day they are still well known to be the biggest of shorters...

--Ed Steers-------------------------------15-04-11--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I didn't have the chance to talk to Ted Butler about the Commitment of Traders report yesterday...but there was an improvement in the Commercial short positions in both metals for the reporting week ending Tuesday, April 12th.

In silver, the bullion banks reduced their net short position by a rather large 5,135 contracts...or 25.7 million ounces. The Commercial net short position is now down to 256.4 million ounces. The '4 or less' bullion banks are short 209.0 million ounces...and the '8 or less' bullion banks are short 267.6 million ounces. These are the lowest numbers I've seen in quite a while.

In gold, the Commercial net short position was reduced by 4,977 contracts...or 497,700 ounces. The Commercial net short position now stands at 25.4 million ounces. The '4 or less' bullion banks are short 16.1 million ounces of that...and the '8 or less' bullion banks are short 22.65 million ounces.

Without doubt, these numbers have deteriorated significantly since the Tuesday cut-off...as the open interest numbers for Thursday and Friday showed huge increases. As I've been saying, these rallies in both gold and silver are not going unopposed...and the bullion banks, as short sellers of last resort, are going short against all the new longs pouring into the market, in order to prevent the price of both metals from going supernova. And that's exactly what would happen if they didn't.
    Last edited by JBmurc; 17-04-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

The greatest and most catastrophic loss of funds in history was the NASDAQ crash following the speculative mania in internet stocks. I remember very well watching enthusiastic NASDAQ investors on TV telling those that hadn't sunk money into internet stocks that this was a new era, that they (non-NASDAQ investors) just didn't understand.

In the 7 years leading up to the crash the NASDAQ increased by 6.25 times.

For the last 7 years silver has increased 8.6 times.

Luckily I wasn't involved, but while a crash in the silver price won't have the same catastrophic results it has the potential to wipe out heaps of hedge and mutual funds and millions of overly optimistic individuals.

Gonna be good to watch though, a new generation learning all about speculation, new eras, manias and bubbles.

A quote from one of my books:

""However, once an investment mania has begun, the point at which an investor sells is no longer that important, because I am not familiar with any mania that did not subsequently give back its entire gains over the years leading to the top, and usually some more."
    Last edited by Skol; 17-04-2011 at 01:15 PM.

This shows what can happen: http://www.resourceinvestor.com/News...rns-again.aspx

I know Skol will choke............but silver bugs have already made such big gains that even a 40% price decrease to $26/oz will still leave them with plenty of gains. And to think that the best part could still be to come.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by denpal View Post
    This shows what can happen: http://www.resourceinvestor.com/News...rns-again.aspx

I know Skol will choke............but silver bugs have already made such big gains that even a 40% price decrease to $26/oz will still leave them with plenty of gains. And to think that the best part could still be to come.
    One of the main rules on manias is that 'investors' or should I call them, suckers, get so enamoured with their gains that by the time they decide to cash in, the party's over.

By the way, denny, I've done this before, check the peak oil thread and go back to 2008 just before oil crashed from $147 to $32.
    I got the same response from the peak oilers as I'm getting from you guys.
    Last edited by Skol; 17-04-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Im with you JBMurc

I reckon silver will trade between $US30 - 35/oz during the 1st half of 2011, & in the $US35 - 40/oz during the 2nd half, likely to hit 40+ towards the end of the year

We still have another 7 months of the US $600B injection ($75B per month over 8 months) to keep precious metals ticking along, though i do expect Gold to be more volatile dropping back below $US1400/oz by the end of 2011.

Certainly favour Silver to outperform Gold during 2011
    What i said back on 12/12/10

The greatest and most catastrophic loss of funds in history was the NASDAQ crash following the speculative mania in internet stocks. I remember very well watching enthusiastic NASDAQ investors on TV telling those that hadn't sunk money into internet stocks that this was a new era, that they (non-NASDAQ investors) just didn't understand.

In the 7 years leading up to the crash the NASDAQ increased by 6.25 times.

For the last 7 years silver has increased 8.6 times.

Luckily I wasn't involved, but while a crash in the silver price won't have the same catastrophic results it has the potential to wipe out heaps of hedge and mutual funds and millions of overly optimistic individuals.

Gonna be good to watch though, a new generation learning all about speculation, new eras, manias and bubbles.

A quote from one of my books:

""However, once an investment mania has begun, the point at which an investor sells is no longer that important, because I am not familiar with any mania that did not subsequently give back its entire gains over the years leading to the top, and usually some more."
    Even if you were on the right track it could only wipe people out if they overexposed themselves.

Surely at least having some investment in Gold/Silver is a good idea in these times. It certainly has been for the last 10 years or so.

Everyone to their own ideas I suppose.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hal View Post
    Even if you were on the right track it could only wipe people out if they overexposed themselves.

Surely at least having some investment in Gold/Silver is a good idea in these times. It certainly has been for the last 10 years or so.

Everyone to their own ideas I suppose.
    Correct, each to their own. Some exposure's a good idea

Having an overexposure at the moment could make you rich, it could also make you poor, very poor.