sharetrader
Page 105 of 115 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1142

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Mmm I'm looking to buy a reasonable amount of physical silver. But the premiums seem to be insane!
    The Morrisandwatson link about is charging a pretty hefty premium, is this standard for physical silver/gold?

Can anyone suggest any lower premiums?
    I think your find what we pay over spot is pretty darn cheap just compare to say copper bullion ...just going off the NZ mint site I see the NZD spot Silver price is $24.57oz NZD with a selling price of $28.26oz now that gives them a $3.69 gross profit per oz they must take out process costs , freight of the metal, GST , etc

Idea of process -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0_egjO1EEY
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Before the turn of the century, Central Banks sold a record 97 million oz of silver into the market in 1999. This was great deal of silver as it accounted for 17% of total global mine supply that year. Over the next 14 years, Central Banks continued to sell a substantial amount of silver to supplement the market.

However, silver supply from Central Banks has totally dried up over the past three years….. Why

https://srsroccoreport.com/governmen...-dried-up-why/
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Great month so far for Silver up over $1 in AUD ...think this will continue into Xmas $20+ AUD

– Silver’s plunge is nearing completion – Bloomberg analyst
    – Silver’s 10% sharp fall in seconds remains “mystery”
    – Plunge despite anemic global supply and strong demand
    – Total silver supply declined in ’16 – lowest level since ’13
    – Silver mine production down in ’16, first time in 14 years
    – Total silver supply decreased by 32.6 Mln Ozs in 2016
    – Supply deficit in 2016- fourth consecutive year (see table)
    – “Falling knife” caution but opportunity presenting itself

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article59638.html

I am a silver stacker. I buy my silver in Wellington at the Bullion Exchange in the Old Bank Building. I buy in kilo blocks. Just wander in at lunch time pay the money take the silver.

I am in Brisbane on holiday and thought I would buy a kilo of Perth Mint Silver. Went to the Bullion Exchange on the 6th Floor of a s****y Eagle Street Building. Intercom at the door lets you into a small room where you need to produce ID. Then given a number and wait until an electronic door clicks and you are ushered into a fault like office. Deal done and then two more electronic doors to get out. :-)

I bought a heap of silver during the GFC when the world was going to collapse

Price still about the same as 10 years ago

Now where did I store it?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I bought a heap of silver during the GFC when the world was going to collapse

Price still about the same as 10 years ago

Now where did I store it?
    Been to the Vault in Dunedin ....not cheap though ....for this silver stacker I just use my own safe ..got a few with Guns etc
    Last edited by JBmurc; 14-07-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Interesting developments in the silver markets ....surely must be bullish for the Price longer term

https://srsroccoreport.com/stunning-...tion-plummets/

Why has the price of gold gone up some much in the last decade and silver remained relatively flat?

Quote Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
    Why has the price of gold gone up some much in the last decade and silver remained relatively flat?
    Yes what we can use is the Silver to Gold ratio >>gold_10_year_b_silver.png

as we see Silver is very undervalued at 80 esp. when you see the ratio of Silver to Gold in the earth's crust to be 17.5

Why one because the Silver price we see isn't priced on a sound fundamental basis on the one billion oz traded per year from miner to consumer.... (16oz USD = 16 billion market pa)

but on the trillion dollar size paper market traded value of Futures,ETF,warrants,certificates, options traded per year .....so the traders decide that Silver is much like say a base metal rather than a safe haven rare high exploration cost investment ...

And this is why we can see miners not making profits and gobal production hitting the wall as investment in exploration is being dropped from tight budgets of miners
    Last edited by JBmurc; 06-08-2017 at 01:56 PM.