Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
I hear that.However the article that JB posted has the reasons that I am accumulating I pretty much look at it as an "insurance"?The logic of it seems sound BUT because of the derivative markets it is wide open for manipulation and JP Morgans intentions are???The silver I have will still be here even if the price collapsed and it still can be made good use of unlike our human frailty it can survive indefinitely.
Chart for last 100years
http://www.macrotrends.net/1470/hist...100-year-chart
1919 silver $16.97/oz took till 1968 to get to that level again feb 1930 low of $4.58.So you would have had to have held for a looong time if you had bought at peak in 1919.What this says to me is what other metal/commodities can be bought at 1919 prices???
So 1 kg silver in 1919 (highest price)would cost US $544.73 or lowest price over that 49 yr period Feb 1931 at $147
Adjusted to today's value US$8154.6/kg and US$2196.18/kg .The price of silver today is @$16.52/oz or US$531.94/kg .The value of that money today (US$531 )in 1919 $ adjusted terms would have been $35.6.
So to my way of thinking at todays prices for silver you are paying the equivalent of $35.6/kg in 1919 terms.
Exactly the pretty much the most undervalued hard assets on the planet...

Silver has many special properties that make it a very useful and precious metal. It has an attractive shiny appearance, although it tarnishes easily. The tarnish is silver sulphide and it forms as the silver reacts with sulphur compounds in the atmosphere. Of all the metals, silver is the best conductor of heat and electricity known, in fact it has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity known for any material. It is strong, malleable and ductile, and can endure extreme temperature ranges. Silver is also able to reflect light very well.

We’ve all heard it said, there are over 10,000 uses of silver in industrial applications. But are there really?
101 uses of silver in everyday life ?

http://www.silvercoins.com/uses-of-silver/