Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
One thing that has concerned me recently with bullion is what effect the forward fixed prices locked in at today's dollars that Ausi dealers are offering will limit the peak price once these orders are met.

I read John Ryders latest newsletter today expressing the same,

"While gold prices are rising, investors need to recognise that gold hedging – or the forward selling of
production at set prices – may blunt the bottom-line impact of higher prices"

Makes me think, just maybe, consider cashing out if it gets a decent gain this year ?
Yes for producers with hedges in place I know RMS along with other could really get hurt if they have to stop production from COVID fears ... but talk around the will allow them to push forward hedges which end of the day are usually only a minor hedge of production ... I understand very few ASX Gold producers have hedges in place..

whats going drive bullion is demand over supply ...even when the worlds over the FEAR of COVID we have one hell of a mess of financial terrorism = Quad Trillions of bad debts + 0% to Neg rates .....and trust in central banks+Govt actions to rebuild .... Gold+ Silver bullion have no counter party risk many will love that idea over the next 12months