sharetrader
Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26667273747576
Results 1,126 to 1,128 of 1128

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    One thing that has concerned me recently with bullion is what effect the forward fixed prices locked in at today's dollars that Ausi dealers are offering will limit the peak price once these orders are met.

I read John Ryders latest newsletter today expressing the same,

"While gold prices are rising, investors need to recognise that gold hedging – or the forward selling of
    production at set prices – may blunt the bottom-line impact of higher prices"

Makes me think, just maybe, consider cashing out if it gets a decent gain this year ?
    Yes for producers with hedges in place I know RMS along with other could really get hurt if they have to stop production from COVID fears ... but talk around the will allow them to push forward hedges which end of the day are usually only a minor hedge of production ... I understand very few ASX Gold producers have hedges in place..

whats going drive bullion is demand over supply ...even when the worlds over the FEAR of COVID we have one hell of a mess of financial terrorism = Quad Trillions of bad debts + 0% to Neg rates .....and trust in central banks+Govt actions to rebuild .... Gold+ Silver bullion have no counter party risk many will love that idea over the next 12months
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

Ill wade in with an anecdote that may be of interest.

Prior to the lock-down I sold some silver on Trade-me. Silver spot price was all over the place leading up the the auction.

On the day the auction closed the spot price was about $23 NZD ounce.

Final buyer paid ~$35 NZD ounce. I am not sure where the spot price gets set but I have a suspicion that the actual price for some of these precious metals is often significantly higher than the market spot price would suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Waikaka View Post
    Ill wade in with an anecdote that may be of interest.

Prior to the lock-down I sold some silver on Trade-me. Silver spot price was all over the place leading up the the auction.

On the day the auction closed the spot price was about $23 NZD ounce.

Final buyer paid ~$35 NZD ounce. I am not sure where the spot price gets set but I have a suspicion that the actual price for some of these precious metals is often significantly higher than the market spot price would suggest.
    Yes very hard to secure Silver bullion worldwide currently anywhere near spot ... I've just put more funds into Companies that have leverage to the Silver like IVR that has near surface 42Moz high 118g/t Silver project in south Aussie... we see the paper price finally break out then IVR will fly 100% etc
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people