sharetrader
Page 1 of 115 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

Cool Hi Ho "SILVER"

$26.70oz USD kitco is the set price for a new 2011 bet I have with SKOL the prize a round about $100 bottle of wine of the losers choosing(skol a reds fine by me)

Will the Silver price crash back to the teens by the end of 2011

IMHO no Silver will be much higher my prediction over $40oz USD

Well worth a read --
    http://www.industrymailout.com/Indus...6678&qz=3f9465
    Last edited by JBmurc; 03-03-2016 at 08:49 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Lower.

JB's rationale is that we're running out of silver. I doubt it.

It's herd instinct, along with a lot other codswallop about gold/silver ratios etc. When gold goes south, silver's going with it.

Why is silver going up? Because for some reason lots of people are buying it, it's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Lower.

JB's rationale is that we're running out of silver. I doubt it.

It's herd instinct, along with a lot other codswallop about gold/silver ratios etc. When gold goes south, silver's going with it.

Why is silver going up? Because for some reason lots of people are buying it, it's that simple.
    well we will see won't we SKOL you tracked down any Quality bottle of wine I don't mind a good red not long to go now
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    $26.70oz USD kitco is the set price for a new 2011 bet I have with SKOL the prize a round about $100 bottle of wine of the losers choosing(skol a reds fine by me)

Will the Silver price crash back to the teens by the end of 2011

IMHO no Silver will be much higher my prediction over $40oz USD

Well worth a read --
    http://www.industrymailout.com/Indus...6678&qz=3f9465
    Im with you JBMurc

I reckon silver will trade between $US30 - 35/oz during the 1st half of 2011, & in the $US35 - 40/oz during the 2nd half, likely to hit 40+ towards the end of the year

We still have another 7 months of the US $600B injection ($75B per month over 8 months) to keep precious metals ticking along, though i do expect Gold to be more volatile dropping back below $US1400/oz by the end of 2011.

Certainly favour Silver to outperform Gold during 2011

yeah till the Gold Silver ratio is back in the teens Silver will well outperform Gold IMHO

Watchout for ARD 2011/12 confindent it will reward massively the most undervalued Silver play going IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    yeah till the Gold Silver ratio is back in the teens Silver will well outperform Gold IMHO

Watchout for ARD 2011/12 confindent it will reward massively the most undervalued Silver play going IMHO
    Ive been looking at CCU, AYN, ARD & SVL

CCU looks a good bet for late 2011 production & with lead credits could have costs as low as $A6/oz. (see recent presentation)

The capital raising AYN did @ 3.5c is at a fairly deep discount to the current market price 4.7c, & may suppress the share price for a while as holders sell now & buy the cheap rights, & when the total raising is done (in two tranches, to get around ASX rules) they will have approx 1b shares on issue...

While i'll stick by AYN for the ASX comp, ARD probably offers better value, but CCU interests me too

Veteran novice

Silver more vulnerable to a correction than gold?

Personally, I doubt it but here's a contrary view.

http://www.fnarena.com/index2.cfm?ty...355EB8FFC0E4D7

Yeah think ARD will fully diluted have round 130mill shares that's with all the ARDO opts ex and USN deleting their shares + 13mill cap raising to investors
    (ARD holders will early next year be given many free USN shares)

ARD have round a 22moz Silver resource(which is open at depth and direction) with many tens thousands tons of Lead,zinc and a smaller resource of gold,copper made up in their Kemfield/Sunny corner assets (50% owned 200k more spend will lift to KF 70% GCR likely to sell all interests next year)the Silver grades aren't SVL high but with the extra metals involved DFS should show costs to be very low per oz Silver with the other metals credits

Cash wise -sept qtr ARD had 2.2mill at the bank -Cap raising will add another 2.1mill (opts ex june2011 6-7mill+)
    In talking with Kerry it sounds like capex to get Kempfield into production could be done with half of the above cash at the bank think this is why the opts ex price will be lowered ARD just don't need to raise much more cash to get DFS/plant to production at 600mtpa extra cash could see 1mtpa plant on site at kempfield with sunny corner just down the road in NSW Silver belt

current market cap-15mill (19.5mill shares deleted will knock it down to round 11mill 48mill ardo 16c likely add 7mill+ to marketcap but all cash)
    Last edited by JBmurc; 14-12-2010 at 08:22 PM.

For along time there has been limits on Longs on silver but not Shorts could we see the likes of JP Morgan,HSBC who hold massive Silver shorts have to reduce there size of their shorts on new limits -

Class action--http://news.silverseek.com/SilverSeek/1293546686.php

I also see JP Morgan have very large shareholdings in many ASX miners they hold the biggest position in AYN silver explorer (so are they getting ready to close a good size of their 300moz+ silver shorts--)

Commodity Speculation Limits Divide CFTC With Dodd-Frank Deadline Looming

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...e-looming.html
    Last edited by JBmurc; 14-01-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Banned

WSJ the other day said silver was extremely vulnerable , reasons being it's a pretty thin trade and only $19b worldwide, compared with golds $170b.