sharetrader
Page 112 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1142

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    silver gets treated as an industrial metal and isn't really seriously considered a safe haven any more is the reason why I see it as being smacked. There may also be liquidity demands being placed on it when other markets freeze up.

its like buying a shotgun , imo, one hopes one doesnt need to use it as currency (but still worth having a goodly number of coins lying around as a safeguard imo)
    It does at times ... but really its got a much longer history as a Money metal, thousands of years aka 3000BC it was recorded to be used for trade
    long successive history of being used as a means of exchange=currency Vs Fiat currency

Of course today we are told it's just a precious metal used for industry purposes ... but go and say that to the Bullion dealers worldwide selling millions of oz per day in bullion form..

History shows Gold moves first but SILVER always catches and moves much higher percent wise (2008-2011 180% 1970-80 700% higher) but also on the downside ...

this current BULL market in Gold hasn't see the same in Silver move yet ... but like clockwork when it does it will fly IMHO 2H20 we will see it finally break free

simple fact>>>
    “Of all the elements, silver is the indispensable metal. It is the most electronically conducive, thermally conductive, and reflective. Modern life, as we know it, would not exist without silver.”
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    It does at times ... but really its got a much longer history as a Money metal, thousands of years aka 3000BC it was recorded to be used for trade
    long successive history of being used as a means of exchange=currency Vs Fiat currency

Of course today we are told it's just a precious metal used for industry purposes ... but go and say that to the Bullion dealers worldwide selling millions of oz per day in bullion form..

History shows Gold moves first but SILVER always catches and moves much higher percent wise (2008-2011 180% 1970-80 700% higher) but also on the downside ...

this current BULL market in Gold hasn't see the same in Silver move yet ... but like clockwork when it does it will fly IMHO 2H20 we will see it finally break free

simple fact>>>
    “Of all the elements, silver is the indispensable metal. It is the most electronically conducive, thermally conductive, and reflective. Modern life, as we know it, would not exist without silver.”
    JB 70-80 was an artificial market with the Bunker Hunts cornering the market .Great book the silver bubble .
    once they shut them down with futures limits etc , it got
    nasty on the downside .

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    JB 70-80 was an artificial market with the Bunker Hunts cornering the market .Great book the silver bubble .
    once they shut them down with futures limits etc , it got
    nasty on the downside .
    Yes as they made it a one-way trade nil new long contracts allowed on the paper market COMEX... as they say if you beat them at their rules they just change them till it works for them .. had the Bunker Hunts just purchased the real physical metal like old buffet did they wouldn't have been shafted as easy.. as I found out many times when you play with futures your basically just gambling and have a very high chance of blowing your book

...but HUNTs got greedy and though the COMEX will keep it a level playing field and took the leveraged play... very dumb move
    Last edited by JBmurc; 23-03-2020 at 09:51 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Sold my Silver ETF nice 9.5% profit for couple weeks holding>>>

I know I'm pretty much talking to myself here which in it's self is HUGELY BULLISH for the PMs as the masses just aren't interested ..

Asking around few Silver Bullion sellers in NZ min. wait 4wks.. + huge 30-70%+ premiums over NZD spot .. and I don't see that getting any better anytime soon

one isn't taking smaller than $10K orders currently

the free-market trade me much the same pricing if not higher with nil sub 60-70% prems .... and to think I could have purchase heaps near on spot this time last year GUTTED
    Last edited by JBmurc; 26-03-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Veteran novice

I know I'm pretty much talking to myself here which in it's self is HUGELY BULLISH for the PMs as the masses just aren't interested
    Not at all, JB. I read everything you write on the white metal but having been burnt by the Coeur d'Leon (spelling?) fiasco all those years ago I'm not game for another round!
    Cheers.

<waves hand>
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Not at all, JB. I read everything you write on the white metal but having been burnt by the Coeur d'Leon (spelling?) fiasco all those years ago I'm not game for another round!
    Cheers.

well in a general sense LOL last Gold bull we have quite a few posters investing and interested in the sector I've had a pretty keen focus on since the mid 2000's

Yes Macduffy the devil metal hurts many that have invested ... I watched companies that I got involved with in the early day go very sour later once in production CCU AYN etc so far I've been pretty good at timing my way out of silver companies ..gee if I stopped investing after my first ass kicking I would have giving up long ago (maybe I should have and just gone long on property only)

yes Peat your've alway been around ...which is great .. just thought we would see a few other around here that see want I'm seeing with a Silver slingshot on the back of-

-Histrionic movements of the PM's aka GFCx2 money printing x10 should see an even bigger move in the PM than we seen during the 2010+ BOOM
    -Investment demands pushing bullion to very high premiums over spot
    -Many producers of the Silver metal going on C&M
    -Limited new mines coming on stream
    -production deficits for the last many years
    -FEAR and distrust of central banks heading higher
    -Negative rates in the future for many more nations ?

[QUOTE=JBmurc]well in a general sense LOL last Gold bull we have quite a few posters investing and interested in the sector I've had a pretty keen focus on since the mid 2000's

Yes Macduffy the devil metal hurts many that have invested ... I watched companies that I got involved with in the early day go very sour later once in production CCU AYN etc so far I've been pretty good at timing my way out of silver companies ..gee if I stopped investing after my first ass kicking I would have giving up long ago (maybe I should have and just gone long on property only)

yes Peat your've alway been around ...which is great .. just thought we would see a few other around here that see want I'm seeing with a Silver slingshot on the back of-

-Histrionic movements of the PM's aka GFCx2 money printing x10 should see an even bigger move in the PM than we seen during the 2010+ BOOM
    -Investment demands pushing bullion to very high premiums over spot
    -Many producers of the Silver metal going on C&M
    -Limited new mines coming on stream
    -production deficits for the last many years
    -FEAR and distrust of central banks heading higher
    -Negative rates in the future for many more nations
    -facts of how much actual silver bullion is available per person above ground at present ... from memory it wasn't much like 1oz to 2oz per person ...
    -JP Morgan holding 500MOZ ?? never seen by a major Bullion bank to build up such a large position pre-2020

from another bullion dealer I've purchased from recently

** DUE TO PANDEMIC, no shipping will occur until after national lockdown is lifted. Silver bars are on a 12+ week backlog to production. Gold bars and ingots are on a 6+ week backlog to production. Gold and silver coins are either in-stock or available for backorder if indicated, also on a 5+ week backlog until shipment subject to lifting of pandemic lockdown.