sharetrader
Page 113 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1142

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

The spot price of silver is now understandably irrelevant it seems. There's an insatiable demand for what little there is in the retail world. Try finding a kilo just now. Ounces of bog standard generic bullion appear to be going for $40 an ounce on Trademe (current spot price in NZD is just $24). I see 1kg bars are now being listed for 100 per cent above spot price. For premium bullion the prices are much higher.

A monster box for Eagles now goes for over $23,000 at this retailer:

https://www.buybullion.nz/product/1-...n-monster-box/

I hope silver sellers and owners do really well over the next little while.

Scott Minerd, a guy who manages $275B USD, said silver is his conviction trade just two months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB3_oOxVqdk

I wonder if this is silver's time to shine?
    Last edited by Bobdn; 28-03-2020 at 02:13 PM.

Default Doing their best to keep it down

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    The spot price of silver is now understandably irrelevant it seems. There's an insatiable demand for what little there is in the retail world. Try finding a kilo just now. Ounces of bog standard generic bullion appear to be going for $40 an ounce on Trademe (current spot price in NZD is just $24). I see 1kg bars are now being listed for 100 per cent above spot price. For premium bullion the prices are much higher.

A monster box for Eagles now goes for over $23,000 at this retailer:

https://www.buybullion.nz/product/1-...n-monster-box/

I hope silver sellers and owners do really well over the next little while.

Scott Minerd, a guy who manages $275B USD, said silver is his conviction trade just two months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB3_oOxVqdk

I wonder if this is silver's time to shine?
    Yes flight to safety ... will only snowball from here .. the bullion banks of course keeping the price down keeping their massive shorts in place

And the futures market making it very high risk to go long with the large spreads on close

A leveraged $95k USD position(req. margin $643 NZD) at the silver price of 14.532 ...the sell is 14.424 so basically your'd be down $1,192 NZD straight off ..if the trade goes against you= massive losses ...now the spread will close a touch but still miles away from what it was weeks ago

So the paper market is Broken IMHO
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

The Silver Series: The Start of A New Gold-Silver Cycle (Part 1 of 3) also if your scroll down your get 700 year fall of interest rates chart

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/the...-silver-cycle/
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Yes covers silvers current issues
    https://smallcaps.com.au/silver-pric...le-gold-ratio/

IMHO CORVID19 has caused the massive deflation affects that spur 1:124 gold / silver ratio
    this will force interest rates even lower even to Negative like we see around the world..

-Consumer spending is nose diving like Oil and for sure interest rates will head even lower unemployment will hit double digits ..

Silver and deflation
    https://www.kitco.com/commentaries/2...Deflation.html
    From August 1999 to now, gold has actually outperformed silver (this is very similar to the 60s and 70s deflation). The Gold/Silver ratio was around 50 in August 1999, today it is around 74. This is great news for silver's performance during the rest of this deflation. Silver relative to gold is currently better value than at the beginning of this bull market. Just like in the last year of the 60s and 70s period, silver will brutally outperform gold over the remaining period of this deflation.

Silver is on fire-sale at present ..but its not going to last for too many more months

One thing that has concerned me recently with bullion is what effect the forward fixed prices locked in at today's dollars that Ausi dealers are offering will limit the peak price once these orders are met.

I read John Ryders latest newsletter today expressing the same,

"While gold prices are rising, investors need to recognise that gold hedging – or the forward selling of
    production at set prices – may blunt the bottom-line impact of higher prices"

Makes me think, just maybe, consider cashing out if it gets a decent gain this year ?

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    One thing that has concerned me recently with bullion is what effect the forward fixed prices locked in at today's dollars that Ausi dealers are offering will limit the peak price once these orders are met.

I read John Ryders latest newsletter today expressing the same,

"While gold prices are rising, investors need to recognise that gold hedging – or the forward selling of
    production at set prices – may blunt the bottom-line impact of higher prices"

Makes me think, just maybe, consider cashing out if it gets a decent gain this year ?
    Yes for producers with hedges in place I know RMS along with other could really get hurt if they have to stop production from COVID fears ... but talk around the will allow them to push forward hedges which end of the day are usually only a minor hedge of production ... I understand very few ASX Gold producers have hedges in place..

whats going drive bullion is demand over supply ...even when the worlds over the FEAR of COVID we have one hell of a mess of financial terrorism = Quad Trillions of bad debts + 0% to Neg rates .....and trust in central banks+Govt actions to rebuild .... Gold+ Silver bullion have no counter party risk many will love that idea over the next 12months

Ill wade in with an anecdote that may be of interest.

Prior to the lock-down I sold some silver on Trade-me. Silver spot price was all over the place leading up the the auction.

On the day the auction closed the spot price was about $23 NZD ounce.

Final buyer paid ~$35 NZD ounce. I am not sure where the spot price gets set but I have a suspicion that the actual price for some of these precious metals is often significantly higher than the market spot price would suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Waikaka View Post
    Ill wade in with an anecdote that may be of interest.

Prior to the lock-down I sold some silver on Trade-me. Silver spot price was all over the place leading up the the auction.

On the day the auction closed the spot price was about $23 NZD ounce.

Final buyer paid ~$35 NZD ounce. I am not sure where the spot price gets set but I have a suspicion that the actual price for some of these precious metals is often significantly higher than the market spot price would suggest.
    Yes very hard to secure Silver bullion worldwide currently anywhere near spot ... I've just put more funds into Companies that have leverage to the Silver like IVR that has near surface 42Moz high 118g/t Silver project in south Aussie... we see the paper price finally break out then IVR will fly 100% etc

120days ago NZD Silver Spot price $22 ..... today $34 .... thats 64% growth in value for a precious metal

Silver may well be heading skyward soon if the chatter on Reddits wallstreetbets is anything to go buy, and I am not underestimating the ability of this movement to find traction. You just need to look at the short squeeze being applied to GME. Silver is arguably the biggest short out there and if the Reddit crowd moves in slivers direction it will be all on !