sharetrader
Page 103 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1142

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Well after reducing my Family Silver Holding and the SAFE starting to look much to empty ...I've start buying again today with a 398oz Purchase of 41 x 5oz Trident bars and 6 x M&W 1kg bars for just over $25oz NZD ....

Planning on continuing to BUY at these levels ....and should pass 1000oz pretty soon ....

....think it will play out even better this RUN $50oz+ USD

I see the GOLD/SILVER ratio is at record high ...which has predicted many of the Great Silver Bull runs??
    Looks like that was a good buy ...I see now for the same 5oz bars asking prices round $33oz NZD
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Silver has been on fire recently, up around 23% in the last month. Once it breached 18.50 USD it was off to the races. Be interesting to see what the next few weeks and months will bring.

Easily the best performing part of my portfolio in June. Long may it continue.

Yes I wouldn't be surprised to see silver continue into the mid 20's before this year is out ....
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Yes agreed. It seems to have wings now, probably brought about by fear of an international banking crisis...what currency is truly safe ?
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/04/why-g...ilver-too.html
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-07-2016 at 09:23 AM.

the surge continues and also good to see PGM continue moving up as well

Veteran novice

In a weak moment I looked to see how Coeur Mining - said to be the biggest listed silver miner - is travelling these days. A weak moment because I'm aware of silver's resurgence and was "compulsorily" bought out of the associate Aust company, Coeur d'Alene, some years ago.

Wish I hadn't looked - Coeur shareprice up from around $2 in February to near $13 these days.

For anyone wanting leverage to silver, First Majestic is a good place to look as the world's biggest pure-play silver miner, up to approx 20M oz pa now in Ag Eq ounces all mined in Mexico. It's listed in the US under code AG not surprisingly, and under FR in Canada.

Performance this year has been great, started at $C4.60 and is now $C22.64, that is a 5-bagger which is unreal for a $3.5B stock.

I hold these and have done for some years now, since early days.

The Stockcharts chart shows the leverage to the silver price.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by denpal; 30-07-2016 at 05:44 PM. Reason: add info and second chart.

the US economics a big ponzi scheme (much like many economies)

Michael Burry -predicted the GFC and profited from it >>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx2ClTpnAAs

the FED alone took on 2 trillion in bad debts (many thanks to Bailouts of failed bankers mistakes)

1 trillion seconds is 31,709.8 years !!

Within only a few more years 2020 the US will be finding hard just to pay interest on its soon to be 20 trillion in debt....from income tax

Happy to be holding Silver Bullion and will continue to BUY n HOLD nil debt attached

Also the USA is far from the worse .....JAPAN , EUROPE etc pretty much all emerging economies >> HUGE DEBT to income tax
    Last edited by JBmurc; 28-08-2016 at 10:20 PM.

Back in April, when we first reported that Deutsche Bank had agreed to settle allegations it had rigged the silver market in exchange for $38 million, we revealed something stunning: "in a curious twist, the settlement letter revealed that the former members of the manipulation cartel have turned on each other", and that Deutsche Bank would provide docments implicating other precious metals riggers. To wit: "In addition to valuable monetary consideration, Deutsche Bank has also agreed to provide cooperation to plaintiffs, including the production of instant messages, and other electronic communications, as part of the settlement. In Plaintiff’s estimation, the cooperation to be provided by Deutsche Bank will substantially assist Plaintiffs in the prosecution of their claims against the non-settling defendants."

Overnight we finally got a glimpse into what this "production" contained, and according to documents filed by the plaintiffs in the class action lawsuit, what Deutsche Bank provided as part of its settlement was nothing short of "smoking gun" proof that UBS Group AG, HSBC Holdings Plc, Bank of Nova Scotia and other firms rigged the silver market. The allegation, as Bloomberg first noted, came in a filing Wednesday in a Manhattan federal court lawsuit filed in 2014 by individuals and entities that bought or sold futures contracts.

In the document records surrendered by Deutsche Bank and presented below, traders and submitters were captured coordinating trades in advance of a daily phone call, manipulating the spot market for silver, conspiring to fix the spread on silver offered to customers and using illegal strategies to rig prices.

“Plaintiffs are now able to plead with direct, ‘smoking gun’ evidence,’ including secret electronic chats involving silver traders and submitters across a number of financial institutions, a multi-year, well-coordinated and wide-ranging conspiracy to rig the prices,” the plaintiffs said in their filing.

The latest evidence is critical because as the plaintiffs add, the new scheme “far surpasses the conspiracy alleged earlier.” As a result, the litigants are seeking permission to file a new complaint with the additional allegations, i.e., demand even more reparations from the defendants who have not yet settled, and perhaps even more evidence of ongoing market rigging. Their proposed complaint broadens the case beyond the four banks initially sued to include claims against units of Barclays Plc, BNP Paribas Fortis SA, Standard Chartered Plc and Bank of America Corp.