sharetrader
Page 13 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Silver now over $42oz USD down to 74 soon to be 73-72-67 etc
    the Silver gold ratio just made into 34's -every move Gold makes silver goes one futher

but if you listen to skol silver is in a bubble LOL he was saying that at the start of the year
    and he will continue to say it for years to come
    The further silver moves up against gold the bigger the fall when the day of reckoning arrives.

Great fun, right, can't believe your luck? Nothing can go wrong, go wrong, go wrong.

In speculation parlance, you've reached the euphoria stage.

Great to watch, like the golden arches. 'I'm lovin' it', could be one for the history books. "The Great Silver Crash of 2011".
    Last edited by Skol; 15-04-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Banned

From a Wall Street Observer. Hear, hear.

Hubris from the bulls…I mean the commodity/precious metal bulls, currently the most arrogant group of investors on the planet. According to these guys, there is no price at which gold or silver can be sold. No overvaluation level for oil or copper or corn. Commodities can only rise ever higher.

These things are ideal vehicles for speculative bubbles. No valuations, no earnings expectations, no accounting issues. And this has led to a speculative market for commodities. My gardener is trading commodities as she does my spring planting.

Look, I get the QE box, I coined the term QEi, for infinite QE. But trees don’t grow to the sky. And commodities price spikes sow the seeds of their own destruction.

It costs about $6 or $7 dollars to produce an ounce of silver and about $1.25 for a pound of copper. But, silver is money say the bulls, and avoids the laws of economics. Copper is in permanent shortage so upside is unlimited. No price is too high. Until it is. We will see how arrogant the commodities bulls remain when the inevitable correction happens.

My suspicion is that their hubris will be tested in the absence of QE later this year, but who knows. Maybe gold will be $10,000 an ounce and oil $200 per barrel in 18 months. The commodity bulls blare that this is a one decision trade. It may be. Then again, by the time something achieves “one decision” status, it’s usually closer to a high than not.

Banned

Shortly before oil crashed in 2008, one observer made the statement, "nothing can go up 8 times in 8 years and not crash".

Silver has gone up more than 9 time in 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    The further silver moves up against gold the bigger the fall when the day of reckoning arrives.

Great fun, right, can't believe your luck?

In speculation parlance, you've reached the euphoria stage.

Great to watch, like the golden arches. 'I'm lovin' it', could be one for the history books. "The Great Silver Crash of 2011".
    Don't know about luck have been bullish Silver since $7oz

the great silver crash LOL that may come one day but it will be after the great USD crash and it will unlike the USD still hold a value multiples of today value

and also SKOL you go on and on about the last 80's Gold silver crash as what happen when investors go from love to hate view
    well the fact of the matter was the COMEX in 1980, terrified that it would be forced into default , announced—with the backing of the CFTC—that trading in silver would be limited to liquidation orders only, eliminating any buyers.(at the time the hunts were wanting out of their massive USD positions to hold silver)
    so doesn't take a genius to see major shorters jumped on board margin calls etc FEAR help drive the Silver/gold price downwards
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Don't know about luck have been bullish Silver since $7oz

the great silver crash LOL that may come one day but it will be after the great USD crash and it will unlike the USD still hold a value multiples of today value

and also SKOL you go on and on about the last 80's Gold silver crash as what happen when investors go from love to hate view
    well the fact of the matter was the COMEX in 1980, terrified that it would be forced into default , announced—with the backing of the CFTC—that trading in silver would be limited to liquidation orders only, eliminating any buyers.(at the time the hunts were wanting out of their massive USD positions to hold silver)
    so doesn't take a genius to see major shorters jumped on board margin calls etc FEAR help drive the Silver/gold price downwards
    Yeah, I know, it's different this time.

well unlike the 80's there's billion more investors and trillions more dollars created out of thin air and even less silver around
    so cause it different this time
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Quote from Sir John Templeton:

"The four most dangerous words in investing are 'this time it's different'."

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Quote from Sir John Templeton:

"The four most dangerous words in investing are 'this time it's different'."
    Well Skol, i posted my thoughts on Silver earlier in this thread as to where i thought Silver would go & its outperformed even my bullish sentiments, & after posting about AYN @ 4.2c (Silver around $30/oz at that time), its now trading 14c in little under 2 months

Instead of finding every contrary anti gold/silver bug writer, why didnt u ride the wave?

I selected AYN in the ASX comp & outlined why silver would perform, its now up 233% for the year, & you choose to ignore it!

Cool Not looking good for the dollar ---

BRICS take aim at dollar with call for global monetary revamp

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-fi...onetary-revamp

the biggest bubble thats going round is the US dollar bubble the 14.3trillion debt ceiling is now close to being hit talk of the need for another 1 trillion to get through the next 6months the BRICS nations buying record amounts of Gold/silver now want a new world currency and more and more are trading in their own currencys moving away from the dollar which is over flowing into many accounts worldwide
    Last edited by JBmurc; 15-04-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Well Skol, i posted my thoughts on Silver earlier in this thread as to where i thought Silver would go & its outperformed even my bullish sentiments, & after posting about AYN @ 4.2c (Silver around $30/oz at that time), its now trading 14c in little under 2 months

Instead of finding every contrary anti gold/silver bug writer, why didnt u ride the wave?

I selected AYN in the ASX comp & outlined why silver would perform, its now up 233% for the year, & you choose to ignore it!
    You got lucky more than likely. If I was to listen to everyone here I'd probably go broke.

If silver was $30 then it would still have gone up 7 times in 8 years, too risky for me.

If I was in AYN, I'd bail out; today. I've just had a look at the chart.

I don't follow anti-gold or silver commentators, just the odd comment from observers that silver is a bubble.

The goldbugs and the like follow their 'psychics' who are obsessed with US debt etc., the coming meltdown that will ruin everyone except those who own gold or silver, we've heard about the inflation boogeyman for years but it's not happening.
    Last edited by Skol; 15-04-2011 at 04:43 PM.