sharetrader
Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

Guru

Skol If you dont sell immediately I doubt you will ever be able to live it down

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    MG in an oval is the mark of the Sydney refiners Matthey Garrett Pty Ltd (now Johnson Matthey Limited).

999 is the assayed purity level.

When to sell - that's the question eh Skol?

With silver currently at about $31, let's hope your poor old Mum didn't buy it back in 1980 at $48 - that's well over $120 in today's money!
    excellent return over the last 10 years though

Legend

Skol, you would be getting a hard time if the sadness of the situation wasn't obvious, trust all will work out OK.

Remember silver/gold is a worthless investment, it must have cost a fortune to store etc,
    But there it is in the safe, a family valuable, with intriguing possibilities. What if JB is right? you'll need to see this silver through.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Maybe someone can kindly help me out. I have been going through some of my elderly mother's things and there's 2 kg's of silver in her safe.

2 ingots of about a kg each with a MG inside an oval. They both have 999 stamped on them with another number, maybe a serial number. One is 880, the other is 906.

Has the weight stamped and looks like the letters W&H stamped inside a pennant.
    Thank God it wasnt that horrible golden metal skoly.
    Then you would have thousands and thousands more problems.
    Good ole mum did you ever listen to her advice?
    Last edited by stevo1; 16-02-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Banned

I just wanna get rid of this stuff before it's back to inflation adjusted price.

I just wanna get rid of this stuff before it's back to inflation adjusted price.
    I reckon Skol wants to divest from silver to buy gold

Unhappy 10 charts that embody everything thats wrong with the US economy

Posting this here and on the gold thread,
    TA people may find it interesting i am SHOCKED by it and the possible future consequences not only for precious metals .
    http://www.businessinsider.com/chart...yment--2011-2#

The data in those plots need to be indexed (CPI, per capita, etc). Plotting that sort of data on a linear scale is always going to look scary.

Maybe someone can kindly help me out. I have been going through some of my elderly mother's things and there's 2 kg's of silver in her safe.

2 ingots of about a kg each with a MG inside an oval. They both have 999 stamped on them with another number, maybe a serial number. One is 880, the other is 906.

Has the weight stamped and looks like the letters W&H stamped inside a pennant.
    well as you don't like silver I'll give ya 2k for them thats why more than their worth hey skol stupid old useless silver who need that useless metal
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    well as you don't like silver I'll give ya 2k for them thats why more than their worth hey skol stupid old useless silver who need that useless metal
    Are there any chartists who can post a 6 or 12 month chart on silver at the moment.

Thanks in advance