sharetrader
Page 51 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    how about doubling up our bet to $200 I believe silver will be higher that the current price of $39.90 an much more likely to be closer to $60oz by 31st DEC
    rather than our 26.70 bet as theres no-way silver's going see the 20's again....s
    If you like.

Guru

I think its more a case of ''once burned twice shy'' than anything to do the current facts of the situation.Its emotional baggage and its perfectly understandable.But fact is,if J B cashed in today ,he would still have heaps more of those precious $US than skol would having done nothing. There are always two sides of the [silver] coin and this could be a good time to buy.One things for sure..its a volatile market out there,but you have got to be doing something with your dosh-In terms of this debate,you can go out and buy a bunch of $US,, or buy silver depending on who you listen to.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I think its more a case of ''once burned twice shy'' than anything to do the current facts of the situation.Its emotional baggage and its perfectly understandable.But fact is,if J B cashed in today ,he would still have heaps more of those precious $US than skol would having done nothing. There are always two sides of the [silver] coin and this could be a good time to buy.One things for sure..its a volatile market out there,but you have got to be doing something with your dosh-In terms of this debate,you can go out and buy a bunch of $US,, or buy silver depending on who you listen to.
    JB will not be cashing it in today, physical precious metals are too illiquid, would you buy silver today? Or wait it out.
    Last edited by Skol; 24-09-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Skol - thanks for answering my question on how low you think Silver would go.

Please note it's much easier to read the thread if you post new replies rather than retrospectively editing old posts with new info...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by corran View Post
    Skol - thanks for answering my question on how low you think Silver would go.

Please note it's much easier to read the thread if you post new replies rather than retrospectively editing old posts with new info...
    Well unlike some here I don't use text language and go out of my way to ensure proper spelling and punctuation which is why you'll see my posts edited.

Could you be more specific please.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Well unlike some here I don't use text language and go out of my way to ensure proper spelling and punctuation which is why you'll see my posts edited.

Could you be more specific please.
    Sure, I asked you yesterday how low you think silver would go and, at least from what I can see, you then edited a previous post to add this line into it:

'Where will it end? My guess is $15, maybe a little lower because a serious rout like this one tends to overshoot the mark and finish lower than when it started.'

It's not a big deal but I was looking forward to your reply and because you edited an old post it was harder to see.

Anyway, back on topic. I reckon it may go down to $25 but will be back above $35, possibly much higher, by the end of the year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by corran View Post
    Sure, I asked you yesterday how low you think silver would go and, at least from what I can see, you then edited a previous post to add this line into it:

'Where will it end? My guess is $15, maybe a little lower because a serious rout like this one tends to overshoot the mark and finish lower than when it started.'

It's not a big deal but I was looking forward to your reply and because you edited an old post it was harder to see.

Anyway, back on topic. I reckon it may go down to $25 but will be back above $35, possibly much higher, by the end of the year.
    I'll be a lot more careful in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    If you like.
    Geez talk about too late if you replied like within weeks of the new bet bit late now.....$26.70 is the number $100 is the bet like last year you remember that ...

Good to see you finally gave out a price $15 LOL bet it would be very very hard to get real silver bullion close to that paper spot price,like it was last time the paper traders pushed the tiny silver market down to the low teens i remember the real buynow in NZD hardly changed even though the USD price had fell 20%....also remember having to wait 4 weeks then 6 weeks till I got my 8 x 1kg perth mint bars at $770NZD the same will happen this time worldwide the major Fiat money systems are broke but because they can print money for free they can still control so much ...I see the CME hiked futures margin rates 17% for silver an over 20% for gold (this of course came out after the major shorters had loaded up like last time)

I see the REAL herd is rushed in the USD treasury notes/bonds push the 10yr down to 1.8%p.a (talk about bubble)

Too think there is a Worldwide mass herd buying into real silver is an absolute joke...the market is just way WAY too small...any one billionaire could soak up all real silver bullion available from the bullion & Comex houses overnight ...

The 6 trillion dollar Pension funds have round .3% in Gold an gold shares an only .05% in silver ,yet silver is only second to crude oil for it's amount of different applications some 10,000 an rising,,an for the first time in history then is less Real Silver above ground than Gold...

Now just put that into some sane context an your'll see why my "KIWI SAVER" is holding an buying more real silver bullion with a 20-30yr outlook by which time we will have to be mining underwater for our massive silver demand..if I'll be buying up large if it goes sub 30oz NZD (Not USD skol I don't live in the US!!!!!!)
    Last edited by JBmurc; 25-09-2011 at 08:54 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Lucky you've got a 20 -30 year outlook, this job ain't half done yet. I read an article by a technical guy a while back that says the next run on silver will be in 2032, so hang in there.

The plague would be preferable to owning silver or gold at the moment but I see one silver snake-oil salesman telling the suckers to "stop cryin' and start buyin'." That's trying to catch the falling knife.

Survival's what it's all about right now, and the big players will be unloading because unlike you or I they don't have the luxury of being able to sit on it for a while, they've got shareholders and investors to account to.

Lucky I've got heaps of USD, it's been the place to be over the last couple of weeks, diversification pays off and it's paid off for me recently. Still down on shares and mutual funds, but up on USD, fixed interest and cash.

Yeah, lots of punters have rushed into treasury bonds and notes but the difference between the silver herd and them is they've still got their money.

Maybe this what some observers call 'the point of maximum fear'.

http://www.advicetrade.com/jackswrap...110923693.html

See the part re. 'silver is dead on arrival'.

I'm contemplating which bottles of red I'll be enjoying at the end of the year.
    Last edited by Skol; 25-09-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Guru

So to simplify things,Skol is betting on $US and JW,and others are betting on gold or silver. Watch this space