sharetrader
Page 52 of 115 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    So to simplify things,Skol is betting on $US and JW,and others are betting on gold or silver. Watch this space
    What's JW?

Yeah, lots of punters have rushed into treasury bonds and notes but the difference between the silver herd and them is they've still got their money.....

Yeah but the "USD debt buyers" happy getting 2-3% a not a herd are they skol!!LOL only the guys buying Silver bullion which still even after the massive paper sell-off which really means jack all if your a silver bullion holder,,as it's what the buyers/sellers are willing to trade paper for metal just like shares you must have sellers an buyers
    ....going from trademe buyers are more than happy to pay RIGHT NOW !! well north of $55oz NZD ...Now if that goes below $25oz NZD Skol i.e sellers are happy to sell on the likes of Trademe for below $25 then I'll be losing money ....you understand yet ?? .........................
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    ....going from trademe buyers are more than happy to pay RIGHT NOW !! well north of $55oz NZD ...Now if that goes below $25oz NZD Skol i.e sellers are happy to sell on the likes of Trademe for below $25 then I'll be losing money ....you understand yet ?? .........................
    You must be looking at a different TradeMe from the rest of us. There's 1Kg that's reached reserve, NZ$1600.That's about NZ$44, US$34 per oz.

I think it's gonna take a little while for the goldbug psyche to understand that the party's probably over, that the world isn't on its economic knees and that financial armageddon isn't nigh.

Is it scary? It oughta be. The pressure getting to you JB?
    Last edited by Skol; 25-09-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    You must be looking at a different TradeMe from the rest of us. There's 1Kg that's reached reserve, NZ$1600.That's about NZ$44, US$34 per oz.

I think it's gonna take a little while for the goldbug psyche to understand that the party's probably over, that the world isn't on its economic knees and that financial armageddon isn't nigh.

Is it scary? It oughta be. The pressure getting to you JB?
    Shows how much you know about Bullion ------1kg is 32.1 troy oz of silver --$1600NZD ~ 32.1=$49.84oz NZD a great buy only $830 more than I paid couple years ago ...LOL ....maybe I should sell out take the near 100% return an follow the real mania bubble an invest in US debt I see for 10yrs I can get 1.8%p.a yeeehaaa with inflation round 3-5%p.a I could lose easy 2% per year in montery value now that a smart move....LOL
    Last edited by JBmurc; 25-09-2011 at 09:36 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

After the big price drop in 2008 I remember having to wait up to 2 months to get silver from NZmint, what are peoples thoughts on what the latest drop will do to physical supply available over the next few weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by plpa View Post
    After the big price drop in 2008 I remember having to wait up to 2 months to get silver from NZmint, what are peoples thoughts on what the latest drop will do to physical supply available over the next few weeks?
    --yeah all depends on price the further the paper price goes down the tighter the supply....in the short term..longer term the Fiat montery system is going continue to head out of control...money printing will increase ....I certainly will continue to add to my holdings...the supply will only get tighter till it get's near impossiable to secure large amounts as mints overload on massive backlogs of orders to fill from the ever smaller real avaiable physical silver marketplace.(Fact- the world's demand 100-200 million oz larger than world silver production the short-fall has been filled by a falling scrap-recycle market)
    Last edited by JBmurc; 25-09-2011 at 11:35 PM.

So eventually are we going to see a major divergence between the paper price of silver and the physical?

It seems we live in a backwards world where the price is set in the paper markets, which leads to shortages (or over supply) in the physical markets. Shouldnt it be the price being set by supply and demand, not the demand being set by the price?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Shows how much you know about Bullion ------1kg is 32.1 troy oz of silver --$1600NZD ~ 32.1=$49.84oz NZD a great buy only $830 more than I paid couple years ago ...LOL ....maybe I should sell out take the near 100% return an follow the real mania bubble an invest in US debt I see for 10yrs I can get 1.8%p.a yeeehaaa with inflation round 3-5%p.a I could lose easy 2% per year in montery value now that a smart move....LOL
    And in the meantime silver's gone from $50 to $31, down 38% with no end in sight, great deal I'll have to get in on it.

Looks to me like you've resorted to 'hoping' silver will go up again, but 'hope' isn't an effective strategy, I've tried it.

Now no silver is selling on TradeMe except for some sucker who paid way too much for some coins., last bid 22 Sept. Unlucky, got caught in the crash.
    Last edited by Skol; 26-09-2011 at 08:23 AM.

what trademe are you looking at ?? type in "Silver bullion" I've counted over 20 Silver bullion auctions so far that will be sold if no one else bids, average round $55per oz

-"Hope" No hope in holding onto real money in my own safe with a long term outlook ,, leave the hope to the Fiat money printers & Debt holders..they need it as NEVER EVER has printing money fixed a montery problem in the history of mankind ...

Hope is the emotional state which promotes the belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by plpa View Post
    So eventually are we going to see a major divergence between the paper price of silver and the physical?

It seems we live in a backwards world where the price is set in the paper markets, which leads to shortages (or over supply) in the physical markets. Shouldn't it be the price being set by supply and demand, not the demand being set by the price?
    -Yes looks like we are already have problems with the paper IOU take down of the Silver price
    -The Pert mint(one of the biggest mints in the world)Is looking at stopping sales of many of their major Silver bullion bars,coins for upto 2 weeks from massive demand overloads currently with the lower prices .....??
    -I rang the NZ mint to check NZ biggest supplier asked about price a how much available said I was after 100kilos ....he said $1473kg No way he could fill a 100kilo order an didn't have a clue when they would be able to get more in...the max he could sell me was 5kilos..said the drop in price has lifted massive buyer interest........
    Last edited by JBmurc; 26-09-2011 at 04:09 PM.