sharetrader
Page 53 of 115 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

As an aside, does anyone know if NZMint still stamps its own 1 oz rounds, I know they used to because they were always waiting on blanks to come in, then there was a delay while stamping and packaging. Now they say that the rounds will be ready as soon as they arrive. Also they have changed from .9999 to .999, im not really fussed the extra 9 but seems like they outsource the production now and that might be why the change?

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    -Yes looks like we are already have problems with the paper IOU take down of the Silver price
    -The Pert mint(one of the biggest mints in the world)Is looking at stopping sales of many of their major Silver bullion bars,coins for upto 2 weeks from massive demand overloads currently with the lower prices .....??
    -I rang the NZ mint to check NZ biggest supplier asked about price a how much available said I was after 100kilos ....he said $1473kg No way he could fill a 100kilo order an didn't have a clue when they would be able to get more in...the max he could sell me was 5kilos..said the drop in price has lifted massive buyer interest........
    Im happy at this stage to be still able to buy real silver based somewhat on a paper price, as long as its able to be delivered. Its all about getting the highest number of ounces and a lower price makes this easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    And in the meantime silver's gone from $50 to $31, down 38% with no end in sight, great deal I'll have to get in on it.

Looks to me like you've resorted to 'hoping' silver will go up again, but 'hope' isn't an effective strategy, I've tried it.

Now no silver is selling on TradeMe except for some sucker who paid way too much for some coins., last bid 22 Sept. Unlucky, got caught in the crash.
    Silver was always going to retest support at $31 at some stage, & notice the 38% drop ie a fib number?

Get ready for the bounce Skol, AYN & CCU will benefit & both are profitable with silver at $20/oz

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Silver was always going to retest support at $31 at some stage, & notice the 38% drop ie a fib number?

Get ready for the bounce Skol, AYN & CCU will benefit & both are profitable with silver at $20/oz
    Yeah selling in CCU was just plain madness today I see now they are valued only 10-15mill more than AYN yet they have a much much bigger resource an production planned of 2.5moz an a est. $6-$7 cost per oz after lead credits...
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Emotional Momentum Monkeys vs. Logical Stackers

..........Through out all of humanity 12 hours of hard human labor was worth 1/10th of an ounce of silver and that the majority that did earn that spent it by the end of the day as they met their daily needs. The ability for someone to get 1,000 ounces of silver for $30,000 is not out of the realm of possibility right now. It is historically significant, for an average man, to have what all of humanity throughout history has valued as 10,000 days of hard human labor stored up. Think about that. Go to any point in history, in any civilization, except for this nutty time, and have 1,000 ounces of silver. You would be thought of a King or a brilliant man. And yet in this ridiculous time we live in, I have to listen to people whine that silver is cheaper today than it was last week......

http://dont-tread-on.me/emotional-mo...ical-stackers/
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Anybody hear about this.

Cargo ship found in the deep north Atlantic sunk by a German uboat in 1941 with a huge amount of silver.

200 Tonnes of silver approx. The salvage crew get to keep 80%

JB, is that your salvage Co...lol :P
    --> Watch THRIVE 2011 a must watch Doco! --> Also watch ETHOS 2011 & share the Awareness~!

Quote Originally Posted by drillfix View Post
    Anybody hear about this.

Cargo ship found in the deep north Atlantic sunk by a German uboat in 1941 with a huge amount of silver.

200 Tonnes of silver approx. The salvage crew get to keep 80%

JB, is that your salvage Co...lol :P
    LOL wouldn't catch me going underwater ....be a nice find... better than if you found old outdated paper money that would be next to worthless...

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    LOL wouldn't catch me going underwater ....be a nice find... better than if you found old outdated paper money that would be next to worthless...
    Yes if the equivalent value of paper money had been the cargo there would have been roughly $9 million dollars, which today would still be worth $9 million dollars, if it was still intact and not mush. (7 million ounces at $1.29/oz)

However the silver is going to worth $200 million + depending on the price by the time they recover it.

Quote Originally Posted by plpa View Post
    Yes if the equivalent value of paper money had been the cargo there would have been roughly $9 million dollars, which today would still be worth $9 million dollars, if it was still intact and not mush. (7 million ounces at $1.29/oz)

However the silver is going to worth $200 million + depending on the price by the time they recover it.
    Don't think anyone would bother looking for old paper money ....

As I think your find the that just iike here in NZ that the paper money has changed since that ship went down ...just like if you discovered millions of NZ 1-2 dollar notes or pound notes that since 1991 are now pretty much worthless or the coin change in 2004 try buy something with a pre 04 50c etc)

One thing we can see from history is paper money is it aways has a limited time before it's replaced by a new system making the last near worthless
    -Silver/Gold has always an will aways be true money

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post

And what do you know Silver bounces up 10% just under $33/oz!