sharetrader
Page 62 of 115 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Silver is headed back to single digits

Haha yeah it's not aprils fool day yet skol
    Historically, once silver's dropped nearly 50% it's all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate View Post
    Shasta, great to hear you are on the road to recovery!
    Cheers Corporate

Only took 10 months to sort out this time, including a intensive 12 week rehab program @ The Back Institute!

Skol - If silver drops i'll be looking to accummulate physical silver, bars/coins with a long term view

Banned

Hey JB,

Here's a post put on Yahoo, sound like this guy's been listening to you for advice.
    (His spelling and punctuation)

"i read silver was scarce,because everybody was useing it in everything.we were useing more than we were finding.i invested my lifes savings $5000 and bought these silver eagle coins.now it looks like i'll lose everything.go figure"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Skol - If silver drops i'll be looking to accummulate physical silver, bars/coins with a long term view
    You'll have to have a very, very, very, long term view, because after silver hits a high, it normally bottoms out between 11 and 13 years afterwards.

It will retest that high between 29 and 45 years afterwards.

So the worst case scenario is you might have to hold your silver until 2056 if history's anything to go by.
    Last edited by Skol; 03-01-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    You'll have to have a very, very, very, long term view, because after silver hits a high, it normally bottoms out between 11 and 13 years afterwards.

It will retest that high between 29 and 45 years afterwards.

So the worst case scenario is you might have to hold your silver until 2056 if history's anything to go by.
    Ahh Bollocks Skol,

Just take things day by day or week by week.

We all seem to like to think we know where this is all going, but truth be known, we dont.
    We all just go for the ride and make up our minds from day to day what the ride is doing or had done to us.
    So we dont know where this ride will take us really, except that if your on board, then hold on, if not, watch what happens.

IMO, just use the supports that have been set in place as a guideline, and should these support be respected then observe and wait.

A great deal can happen to the world both ecologically and economically in 6 months let along 1 year or 30 years.
    --> Watch THRIVE 2011 a must watch Doco! --> Also watch ETHOS 2011 & share the Awareness~!

Hi Ho Silver - silver is trading at $31.87 this morning. Up over 4%.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gazprom1 View Post
    Hi Ho Silver - silver is trading at $31.87 this morning. Up over 4%.
    Yep, my comment exactly, and from the low 6-8 hours ago it rose 5%. A lot of mining/metals stocks seem to be increasing too, copper going up from a temporary low.

Silver is "politically irrelevant".

Once I grasped that last year I was looking for an exit opportunity

I started building a position in silver back in 2004-5(backed up by post history here).

I dumped ALL of my paper and most of my physical over the boom/crash about 9 months ago...getting out, on average, in the mid $40's...high $40's would have been nice, but I'm not complaining.

If silver drops below $20 I'll be interested again.....but it will have to be fairly cheap.

Gold....that's another story......all the big gains I made in silver I've mostly rolled into even more gold.

Trying to find an oil version of Uranium Participation Corp(owning physical, not paper).

I think Gold will eventually see the same boom/crash of Silver......and lot of smaller volatility in between....but I reckon we're still a long way off yet.

So, yeah....I'd be interested in Silver under $20...very interested.....but don't forget to consider how politically irrelevant silver is.

Banned

For 1 year Silver/DJIA are equal.

For the last 6 months, Silver's down 20%.

For the last 3 months, silver's down 8%.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    For 1 year Silver/DJIA are equal.

For the last 6 months, Silver's down 20%.

For the last 3 months, silver's down 8%.
    Hey Skol,

You could give us a few more figures Skol...how about the 2 or 3 year performance of Silver v. DJIA? I have no idea what they may look like. One must be careful if choosing random periods in doing analysis....manipulation of numbers is ugly and not helpful. Just like shares, you can choose periods to "help' ones case.

Gazprom