sharetrader
Page 72 of 115 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    just like many shares Silver is great buying at these low levels will certainly be increasing my stack as funds allow
    Looking forward to my $100 Xmas present.

Back into silver via shares at the end of last week @ 25, have been out for a year.

We might head back to 20 an ounce, but the long position is only quarter size, so ability to add more below 20, probably not the metal shares in silver producer/ royalty companies.
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Banned

Looking forward to my Xmas present JB. Mmmm, what will I buy?
    From moneycontrol.com

Silver, meanwhile, the standout performer of early 2011, will likely fail to revisit the peaks of last year as a dearth of fresh investment puts a heavy drag on prices.

The metal, which has underperformed gold this year, will fail to match last year's average price of USD 35 an ounce, the poll respondents concluded. The median price forecast by the poll was USD 31.67 an ounce, rising a touch to USD 32.75 in 2013.

The metal is suffering from record-high mine supply, weak offtake from industrial users in the electronics industry, evaporating demand from the photography sector, and greater caution among speculative investors after two major price slumps last year.

"Silver is in a chronic supply surplus and is already carrying heavy inventory. While we expect demand to grow faster than supply out to 2015, we do not think this will be sufficiently so to close the gap between the two," RBS analyst Nikos Kavalis said.

"As such, silver will continue to rely on investors to absorb (and keep hold to) excess supply. For the long term, therefore, our price outlook remains bearish and we believe that once the tide turns lower for gold and the yellow metal starts trending downwards, so too will silver."

Silver prices, which averaged USD 31 in the first half of the year, are expected to average USD 31 an ounce in the third quarter, rising to USD 33.01 in the last three months of the year.

Banned

Silver down $1.70 in the last few hours.

Is this the big one?

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Silver down $1.70 in the last few hours.

Is this the big one?
    yes could be one last pull back before the year end BOOM to $50.01c on the 31st DEC
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

I see the probe into the spurious silver 'manipulation' theory has been dropped, the 'buy silver and crash JP Morgan' campaign has itself crashed. LOL

A four-year investigation into the possible manipulation of the the silver market looks increasingly likely to be dropped after US regulators failed to find enough evidence to support a legal case, according to three people familiar with the situation.

The Commodity Futures Trading Commission first announced that it was investigating “complaints of misconduct in the silver market” in September 2008, following a barrage of allegations of manipulation from a group of precious metals investors.

A report issued by Scotia Mocatta say that break of $26 will probably see silver decline to $18.
    Hey Skol,

What are the guys like Soctia Mocatta and the others you quote saying about silver? I see it is $29.29 this morning...near a 3 month high. Those that you quoted were looking at $16-18...are they still pickign those levels?

Gazprom

Banned

Gazprom,

To be honest there's very little about at the moment on gold or silver and I don't expect it to change. I think silver's moved up with all the markets, even the Spanish IBEX is up 11% since the beginning of the month.

It's all pretty quiet, the silver inventory is bulging and worldwide gold demand is way down.

The $50 silver and $2000/$5000/$20,000 gold and other ripping good yarns seem to be shelved ATM.
    Last edited by Skol; 22-08-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gazprom1 View Post
    Hey Skol,

What are the guys like Soctia Mocatta and the others you quote saying about silver? I see it is $29.29 this morning...near a 3 month high. Those that you quoted were looking at $16-18...are they still pickign those levels?

Gazprom
    yes "skol" has only called the silver/gold collapse couple doz times this years but fact is it's just been trading sideways to now looking like it will breakout ...bring on the Silver spike to 50.01 late december LOL
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Gazprom,

To be honest there's very little about at the moment on gold or silver and I don't expect it to change. I think silver's moved up with all the markets, even the Spanish IBEX is up 11% since the beginning of the month.

It's all pretty quiet, the silver inventory is bulging and worldwide gold demand is way down.

The $50 silver and $2000/$5000/$20,000 gold and other ripping good yarns seem to be shelved ATM.
    Hey Skol,

Trend is your friend at the moment....Silver flying again in overnight trade $29.89. A break through $30 on the cards?? QEIII is on its way which may provide further support for PM's. I am not a silver or gold bug but holding silver (happily) and CCU (happily).

Would like to know what all the guys that were picking a crash in Silver are saying to their clients so any information would be appreciated.

Thanks Skol.

Gazprom