sharetrader
Page 80 of 115 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

Dr Stephen Leeb

As the world really begins to look seriously at the energy problems we face going forward, governments will start to realize the strategic importance of silver. Silver is a better buy than gold. Silver is going to play a vital role in producing energy around the globe. Japan is turning to solar. Saudi Arabia is turning to solar. Virtually every major country in the world is turning to solar. There is not going to be enough silver to satisfy the demand for solar energy.

Silver has not broken $50 yet, but when I say silver is going to be a 3-digit commodity, it will be. These small silver stocks, they are the ones that are really going to be a big hit. What really worries me about silver, Milton Friedman said silver was the first monetary metal. Silver will benefit from the monetary catastrophe that is in front of us because it is a monetary metal. But silver is also needed for cell phones, energy, computers, automobiles and so on.

A Stanford professor, Mark Jacobson, wrote a cover story in Scientific American in late 2009. He said that in order for the world to ween itself from hydrocarbons, we are going to need four or five terawatts of electricity. The amount of silver that would be needed for that is more than exists in the ground.

So in the future when silver is well above $100 an ounce, you are likely to see governments saying to people, ‘You can’t buy silver anymore.’ The price of silver will be going ballistic, but the mines will continue to produce because the governments will continue to need every ounce of silver they can get.

The bottom line is we are looking at the beginning of what’s likely to be a massive boom in these monetary metals, but silver, in particular, is really going to soar.”
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

JB,

When you wake up in the morning you're going to find it's a hell of a lot cheaper than yesterday. Is this 'it'?

Your 1500oz hoard is worth about US$1000 less than it was a few minutes ago.

I wouldn't go listening to too many dudes like Stephen Leeb, whoever he is, they don't know any more than anyone else.
    Last edited by Skol; 06-12-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Is this it? ......wow haven't heard you post the impending doom of silver many times LOL ...one day your'll be right ...

In the mean time I'm happy to have my small pile of bullion ...this time next year I'll be once again laughing at ya

-You know if this years bet had been the same as prevoius years I.e it would close higher that opened the year ,,likely for a third time your'd have lost....
    Last edited by JBmurc; 29-11-2012 at 09:46 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

big spike up last night, but whats more interesting is that it was not matched by gold
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    -You know if this years bet had been the same as prevoius years I.e it would close higher that opened the year ,,likely for a third time your'd have lost....
    Given your propensity to 'invest' in PM's, the worst punt on the planet, I hope you've got sufficient funds for payment.

You made the bet not me. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Given your propensity to 'invest' in PM's, the worst punt on the planet, I hope you've got sufficient funds for payment.

You made the bet not me. LOL
    I know I did...I took the bet after winning twice in the row ...gave you a massive head start ,,,,,but next time if your keen I'd be more keen on going back to higher or lower price starting from years start ....Silvers going much higher and my investment will continue to
    increase in value

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I know I did...I took the bet after winning twice in the row ...gave you a massive head start ,,,,,but next time if your keen I'd be more keen on going back to higher or lower price starting from years start ....Silvers going much higher and my investment will continue to
    increase in value
    With only a few weeks to go until I collect my winnings, you're only in error by 50%, not too bad I suppose.

With only a few weeks to go until I collect my winnings, you're only in error by 50%, not too bad I suppose.
    yeah I started off out 60% so in truth silver is actually up 10% for the year.... LOL

Banned

JB,

When you wake up in the morning you're going to find it's a hell of a lot cheaper than yesterday. Is this 'it'?
    Tomorrow morning's gonna be the same, I think I've hit the nail on the head this time, this is 'it'.

Veteran novice

Tomorrow morning's gonna be the same, I think I've hit the nail on the head this time, this is 'it'.
    Isn't that what the boy who cried "Wolf!" thought?

Sorry, couldn't resist that.