sharetrader
Page 84 of 115 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Ho "SILVER"

As long as it ends 2013 higher I'll be happy ....currently outside my long term silver bullion holding I'm only holding One pure Gold/silver stock .....3 Oil & Gas plays(one tech energy play) 1 -diverse metal,iron ore stock .(not that I don't think PGM sector is overvalued etc but just in the very short term the controllers of the fiat price have the control).....Long term Silver has only one direction only a fool would think a tightly controlled metal with the highest electrical conductivity of any element would not at some stage soon reflect it limited lifespan at current extraction costs to low value
    Last edited by JBmurc; 01-04-2013 at 10:55 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

JP Morgan has won a lawsuit by investors alleging it manipulated the silver price. The goldbugs kept that one quiet. Always was a load of bollocks.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...92H10520130318

Guru

Thank you for that-Personally though Im not convinced that a multi Billion dollar ''to big to fail'' Merchant bank winning a law suit necessarily means the accusation was a load of bollocks--but what do I know-I dont even know what a bollock is. :>)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Thank you for that-Personally though Im not convinced that a multi Billion dollar ''to big to fail'' Merchant bank winning a law suit necessarily means the accusation was a load of bollocks--but what do I know-I dont even know what a bollock is. :>)
    If you don't know what a 'bollock' is, I'm not sure you should be dabbling with precious metals.
    I'll help you out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollocks

Banned

$26.93, down 3.6% in the last few hours.
    Have to keep editing because the price keeps falling.

Dumped those 1500 oz JB, before the next leg down?
    Last edited by Skol; 03-04-2013 at 07:24 PM.

History of silver and one very bright future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRwUmGpmF38

great buying at the moment ....I see the paper shorts are once again at record decade highs ....last time we had this amount shorted silver doubled in value within 7 months thanks to the huge shorts being covered....
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Hasn't it been great buying all the way down from $50?

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Hasn't it been great buying all the way down from $50?
    It will be in years to come how many all depends on the consumption V's production ....Aussie is one of the world's top producers yet I don't know any pure silver miners making much if any money outside the very biggest producer's like BHP ...the likes of CCU AYN seem to be going to the wall yet you think the silver price is going head further south....you don't seem to understand basic economics
    I understood you believe the world's got solid future growth ...... but somehow one of the world's most used precious metals will collapse in value...you didn't watch the above clip did you Skol Silver only second to Crude oil for it's amount of uses....

Why asteroid mining can create a trillion-dollar industry

Cecilia Jamasmie | January 16, 2013

Space mining start-up Planetary Resources has put together quite the infographic to explain how asteroid mining will create a trillion-dollar industry.

The company says there are over 1,500 asteroids as easy to get to as the surface of the Moon. They are also in Earth-like orbits with small gravity fields, which make them easier to approach and depart.

The most important aspect of asteroid mining is that those celestial bodies are platinum-rich. Mining them would come in handy as Anglo American Platinum (Amplats), the world’s top platinum producer by volume, announced Tuesday it is planning to close several of its mines, which would cause a shortage of the precious metal.

Banned

JB

GS have said gold will be $1270 in 2014, a quick calculation means a silver price of about $22.50.

Looks like Mrs. Skol & I will be dining out on you again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    JB

GS have said gold will be $1270 in 2014, a quick calculation means a silver price of about $22.50.

Looks like Mrs. Skol & I will be dining out on you again this year.
    If you are right then we also will see most of the biggest Silver producers stop mining as average break even costs for the largest producers now looks to be round $30 per oz(they will state much lower but the qtr losses from operations shows the truth) ....like too see what will happening to supply as demand has only been getting stronger...thanks to the 10,000+ different applications we humans demand....
    Last edited by JBmurc; 14-04-2013 at 10:48 PM.