sharetrader
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Red face Usolisited share purchase offers

I have just recieved offers to purchase my FBU and TEL shares from Cargill Securities and Carlyle Securities respectivly. The offers are way lower than current prices on market.
    Who are these people and are they preying on non-savvy holders who may need a few dollars at this time of the year??
    I am returning the offers with appropriate comments in the pre-paid envelopes provided and hope they do end up paying for the postage. I trust others who have recieved these offers will consider doing the same.
    Merry Christmas.
    Soolaimon.
    Soolaimon

Guru

Good idea Soolaimon.
    Just pulled the NZ Investment Securities LP pre paid envelope out from the rubbish bin sealed it with nothing in it and will post it back to them

Veteran novice

Add to that list:

Chase Securities "offering" $2.41 for NPX

Fairfield Securities want to buy FPA at 32c

NZ Investment Securities think $4.06 is a good price for CEN

The problem of course is that there isn't anything illegal in what these (this?) organisation is doing. Just that they're bound to net a few unsuspecting victims.

I have received one from Cargill Securities for FBU and another from Pearson Securities for GPG.Coincidentally they both have the same return address.
    Both have been returned advising them where to stick it.

My mother also received lowball offers from NZ Investment Securities or NZI Securities as they call themselves for her Vector shares.

This should be one of the first abuses that the FMA shuts down if they mean business.

Guru

Thanks for the idea guys, I will be fishing the reply envelope out of the bin and mailing them back with appropriate comments!

I have also received an offer of $5.60 for fbu shares .Offer closes 7th January
    Computershare the company fbu uses should send a warning out to all shareholders not to accept Also the NZX should be able to do some thing to stop these low ball offers .I am worried about some of the elderly people. Are there sharebrokers back at work yet to offer advice to them. Who are these people and what are there names?

Unhappy Unsolicitaed share offers - rip

I also received an offer for Nuplex shares at $2.40! (currently trading at $3.50). I returned their post paid envelope telling them they should be ashamed of themselves for preying on the vulnerable. At least they will have to pay the postage.

Default Unsolicited share purchase offer.

l have received 7 offers from 7 different!!!!!! firms .

Chase Securities for Nuplex
    Fairfield Securities for F&P Appliances
    Cargill Securities forr Fletcher Building
    NZ Investment for Contact
    Pearson Securities for GPG
    Energy Securities for Vector
    Carlyle Securities for Telecom.

Mmmmmm! Address is the same for each one. Sadly no phone number and isn't the timing wonderful! Of course l will rush to give them my CSN and sellout!!!

Who the heck are they???

Default Rat bag offer

I bundled the whole lot up and posted them .. to the Securites Commision. Vague hope that some legal dude can summon up somethihng like 'unconscionable contract' or at least post it on thier lastest scams website. Hopefully, by burying the offer price deeply in the fine print - and by not noting that it is well below the actual value, the have left themselves open to a bit of heat.