sharetrader

Default NZ Post Office Bonds

Hi, I am "really" new to this site and bonds in general.
    I have been left some NZ Post Bonds by a relative, they are from the 1970's
    Does anyone know if these are still in circulation or valid in anyway?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Welcome, Carol. Yes the bonds are still valid. Take them into the ANZ bank and they will advise you. They have all the records from the time they were issued.

Thank you Heke, so even the ANZ Bank here in Australia will know about these bonds?

Quote Originally Posted by Heke View Post
    Welcome, Carol. Yes the bonds are still valid. Take them into the ANZ bank and they will advise you. They have all the records from the time they were issued.

ANZ NZ took over the Post Office Bonds from New Zealand Post. They are now called Bonus Bonds. A quick email to ANZ NZ with your bond numbers could easily sort it out. I think these bonds are a product of ANZ NZ only. Hope this helps.

You can do most things here

http://www.bonusbonds.co.nz/myBonusBonds.html

The NZP010 bond is coming up for remarketing/reset depending on amount of interest from current holders. The current interest rate is 7.95% and by my reckoning if reset is to apply the new rate would be about the same. However holders are required to apply for renwal b4 new rate established under a remarketing process. Anybody have clues as to new rate under remarketing? See ann.
    Disc. not holding but under consideration

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Thanks winner. I've often wondered re the chances of winning $. i see it is currently from 1 in 16,000 to 1 in 20,000 each month and the bulk of the prizes are $50 and $20. The carrot is the monthly $1 million prize.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 16-09-2014 at 08:01 PM.

My mother had $5020 deposited in to her account a couple years ago and no one could work out where it came from. Turns out its was from an old NZ post savings bond from about 15 years before I was born that was converted in to a bonus bond. Personally they've never really interested me, but I suppose it's a nice surprise when you do win something

Share Collector

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    The NZP010 bond is coming up for remarketing/reset depending on amount of interest from current holders. The current interest rate is 7.95% and by my reckoning if reset is to apply the new rate would be about the same. However holders are required to apply for renwal b4 new rate established under a remarketing process. Anybody have clues as to new rate under remarketing? See ann.
    Disc. not holding but under consideration
    Worth discussing on the NZDX forum - I might start a thread there...

Bonus Bonds - ANZ is closing this scheme at the end of the month, and i’m told that people are getting $2 billion back, and will be looking for somewhere else to invest it. So my guess is the Sharesies buyers are going to send the Top 10 and similar shares up in price for no good reason. Or is this already happening?