sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    percy

[QUOTE=Jay;332287]OK I'll take the bait percy.
    We Aucklanders all leave during holidays that's why no-one has answered :-)

Still not back from holiday.?

Never went away Percy, -- this year

I did answer his request :-)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Never went away Percy, -- this year

I did answer his request :-)
    "Home alone".

Looked like it
    There advantages - get to work (and home again) in no time at all

So I take time off when everyone else is at work

hang on- on Holiday alone :-(

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Looked like it
    There advantages - get to work (and home again) in no time at all

So I take time off when everyone else is at work

hang on- on Holiday alone :-(
    Sounds to me as though you have it figured out that you get two holidays.Well done.!!!

I know an accountant in Auckland who deals with all of your requirements. Let me know if you are still looking, as I may be able to get you a decent price (i.e. lower than what they might otherwise quote you).

Quote Originally Posted by surfersteve View Post
    All accounting system used by accountans in new zealand a single demensional , most use a very old software system database that would get a Z- in database 101

they use a working paper system that comes from the dark ages.

having said that most accountants can do the basics, its onyl when you get a public companies and trust's that you need a really good one
    That's a rather general, possibly misguided statement. A lot of the accounting software that I see coming out is state of the art.

And remember an accountants main benefit is not being able to whack together a set of figures - most folks can do that. It is in being able to advise and implement tax effective solutions because they have that in depth knowledge of the tax system and laws that would take too much time for business owners to keep up to date with. I think if you do some serious research you'll find that accountants have come a long way from the dark ages.
    "Contrariwise", continued Tweedledee, "If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.
    "Today is already the tomorrow which the bad economist yesterday urged us to ignore" H Hazlitt

Yes, most of the work that an experienced accountant will do involves either interpreting accounts and giving advice on profitability, cash flow, and risk (this is the 'accounting' side of things) or it will involve taxation planning and advice. Often a client will have a set of accounts that they have generated themselves, and they will go along to the accountant to ask 'what does this mean?'. The taxation planning side involves both advising on possible unintended or unknown tax obligations that could arise (such as when a taxpayer is selling off some land which they have not lived on there are a number of instances where this could be taxable), as well as advice on realising tax benefits.

The working paper system is used for the purposes of ensuring an accurate set of accounts and compliance with all tax obligations. By using the working papers partner/senior review is made easier as workings are laid out more clearly. The more junior accountants are the ones who contribute the bulk of the material in the working papers, while it is up to the more senior accountants to go and review all this, and deliver the to the client relevant and useful advice.

I would agree with the above post regarding doing some of your own study. If anything it at least makes you aware of everything that needs to be considered when running a business. This will lead you to ask better questions of your accountant, and will allow you to identify potential problems before they get too serious.

Can you recommend youself 30 Years experience, prompt personal service $190 hour plus G.S.T.
    Like to think I have a few clues. Currently 12th out of 100 in the N.Z. Sharemarket competition which speaks for itself, (first year I've entered).
    PM if you're interested.
    Kind regards
    Roger Clark
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-07-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by surfersteve View Post
    sorry,

many ten of millions
    Wasn't just the Russian who couldn't write then?