sharetrader
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default State your trade

Just a thread for those who might like to share their trades. I've been trading forex for about 8 months but seriously for the last 3 Months. November was good with +800 pips, December not so good but still in profit +80 and so far this Month I’m up 746 pips. Spent more then a year learning everything I could about the technical aspect and recognizing patterns, levels of resistance etc but to be honest I rarely use technical’s now and have a system that’s based purely on mathematics. I’m a momentum trader. Only trade 3 currency crosses and happy and familiar with the micro, macro fundamentals and the technical side. Not interested to discuss my system however in detail.

I know it’s only been 3 months but feeling excited about forex thus far. Once I get 6 months positive trading then will move more capital. My goal is to be earning approx. 5 grand a week by the end of next year. Of course I could crash and burn and have egg on my face but hey "God loves a trier".

Currently my risk is between 1-2% of capital per trade and my drawdown between 5-10% over all trades. I'm happy with this as in theory I would need 50 losing trades in a row to go broke.

OK I have 2 trades running at the moment

AUD/USD short @ .9955 (x 2 contracts)

EUR/USD long @ 1.3425 (x1 contract)
    Last edited by dragonz; 14-01-2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: spellcheck

Banned

OK just closed AUD/USD @ .9881 for +74 x 2 contracts = 148 pips
    Last edited by dragonz; 15-01-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Hi Dragonz

So how did you learn the skills youve got , do you have a finance background, I would be interested to know how youve got to this stage

Rob

what platform are you using dragonz? can you go long and short at the same time ie a straddle without one cancelling out the other?

Banned

Hi Robo. I've traded shares for years but have always had a keen interest in the techinacal aspect of trading. I set about finding a system that could return about 400 pips per month. Spents months and months looking at charts. I am happy with what I've got now, however its early days yet. I'm curious to know how many others make regular returns from forex.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by denpal View Post
    what platform are you using dragonz? can you go long and short at the same time ie a straddle without one cancelling out the other?
    I use IG Markets. You can run both long and short trades without one canceling out the other. There is a "force" option that you just tick so your not canceling out any exiting orders

Banned

short AUD/USD @ .9875 x 2 contracts

still have EUR/USD long open from Friday.

dragon I am short Euro
    I built up these shorts on the Euro over last few days but still my average is out of the money at -74 at current price of 1.3335, as it falls I close out some of the profitable trades , as it rises I sell more. trades are small enough that I have a lot of flexibility to continue to do this.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Banned

Just got stopped out of my EUR/USD short peat for a loss of -108 pips. I hope it continues down for your sake.

its good you know your cutoff point...